Perhaps you got a last minute invitation to a Super Bowl party and you do not want to show up empty handed. Or perhaps you feel as if something is still missing from your menu. In either case, dip is always a quick and easy dish to put together, especially when the ingredient list is so simple you probably already have all the ingredients you need. The following Beer Cheese Dip recipe is as easy as they get and worth every second of the five minutes it will take you to put it together. The recipe calls for round loaf bread, but the dip can be made without the loaf bread and served with crackers.
Beer Cheese Dip
Source: Jodi Zyvith on Allrecipes.com
- 2 (8 ounce) packages cream cheese, softened
- 2 (8 ounce) packages shredded Cheddar cheese
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 cup dark beer
- 1 (1 pound) loaf round bread
- Place cream cheese, Cheddar cheese, garlic powder and beer in a large bowl. Using an electric mixer, blend until smooth.
- Remove and reserve top of round bread. Hollow out the loaf, reserving removed bread pieces.
- Spoon cream cheese mixture into the hollowed loaf. Replace bread top between servings. Use the reserved removed bread pieces for dipping.