If the second round of the polar vortex has you longing for some sand and sun, now's the perfect time to trade extra layers of clothing for layers of sunscreen. Jump on one of these beach getaways from New York with deals specially priced to woo last-minute bookers.
• January is “Wave Season,” when cruises release their most aggressive cruise prices of the year. Find a roundup of the best cruise deals on Travelzoo, including a last-minute Bahamas cruise that departs from New York in early February for $479 per person.
• Explore beaches, rainforests, and the charming colonial architecture of Quito with flights to Ecuador on sale from New York City starting at $599 through June. Tickets on LAN Airlines must be purchased by Jan. 31.
• Head to the Dominican Republic and unwind on a palm-tree lined beach for five nights. On sale for $749, this vacation departs from New York and includes accommodations in a junior suite with a private balcony as well as all meals and beverages. The sale ends Jan. 31.
• Four-night escapes to Cabo San Lucas are available from New York for $830 -- a savings of $470 compared with piecing the package together yourself. Guests at the Riu Santa Fe receive airfare, meals and drinks, including alcoholic beverages and in-room liquor dispensers. Book by Jan. 29 to get this rate.
• Flexible travelers can choose their own adventure by searching for today’s best fares out of New York. Currently, flights to Puerto Rico and the U.S. Virgin Islands are available for under $300 roundtrip, including taxes. Pair a cheap fare with a resort deal in the Caribbean or Mexico.