Make a last minute plan for New Year’s Eve 2013-2014. If you are willing to brave the cold, celebrate New Year’s Eve at St. Louis’ First Night or at Steinberg’s Rink in Forest Park. If you want to stay in, gather your friends for The Walking Dead New Year’s marathon on AMC. On the other hand, plan a last minute party to celebrate the New Year.
- First Night St Louis celebrates its 21th anniversary with music, dance, magic, comedy, activities for all ages and two fireworks displays to greet 2013. The party begins Tuesday December 31 at 6:00 p.m. at Grand Center, St Louis, MO. Admission to the indoor/outdoor party is $10 adults, $5.00 for kids older than five, and free for kids five and under.
- The New Year's Eve celebration at Steinberg Rink in Forest Park Skate kicks off at 10 a.m. and continues until 12:30 am. Treat the kids to lunch at the Snowflake Café during the day, or stay until 7 p.m. and enjoy the buffet. The appetizer buffet is available from 7-11 pm. and includes appetizers, beer, wine, hot chocolate, soda, and coffee. Guests over 21 must show valid ID at the buffet. Skate Admission $6, Skate Rental $5. Appetizer Buffet Available & is optional, 7-11pm. Cost $20-over 21, $15-under 21.
- Enjoy the Fireworks and a free carriage ride at Westport Plaza. The fireworks start at 6 p.m. and last for 10 minutes. Carriage rides are available from 6 p.m. to 9:30 p.m. Your family can enjoy a New Year’s Eve dinner at the Trainwreck or one of the many restaurants at Westport.
Celebrations at home:
- The Walking Dead marathon on AMC. Zombie costumes are encouraged. Check out party food for the walking dead.
- 2014 will see the final season of AMC’s Mad Men. Throw a Mad Men party to prepare for the final season. Rent seasons on CD, and have your family and friends dress in their most sophisticated 60’s garb. Check out the terrific 60’s recipes complete with cellophane toothpicks and authentic 60’s Hor D'oeuvres.