Hey party girls getting ready to paint the town this weekend. If you need a little help glamming up, have we got tips for you. Celebrity makeup artist/super star stylist Sherri Jessee, whose talented touches appear on some of the most famous and fabulous faces in Hollywood, has shared her exclusive techniques with Examiner.com on how to turn your tresses into a star quality mane masterpieces using some of our favorite tools and products.
Whether you're an A-List Hollywood party goer or just heading out on some big dates during the season, Sherri's tips are bound to turn you into a femme fatale:
Look One: Old Hollywood Glamour
- To create hold and body apply a styling foam from roots to ends and blow dry. Rusk Mousse is a great choice.(www.stylesource.com)
- Curl hair on a 1” Ceramic Curling Iron. Clip each curl and allow to cool before removing. (www.conair.com)
- Brush smooth to reveal soft, glamorous waves with an Angelo David Smoothing Brush. (www.angelodavid.com)
Be a super sleek vamp
Apply a smoothing lotion like RUSK STR8 (www.rusk1.com) to remove frizz and give thermal protection.
- Blow dry with a powerful dryer like the Babyliss Volare (www.babylisspro.com). Use the concentrator nozzle and aim down the hair shaft to seal the cuticle.
- Touch up where needed with a straightening iron to create a smooth as glass finsh. Be sure to use a heat protecting spray like RUSK W8LESS Plus (www.stylesource.com) and adjust your iron to the correct temperature for your hair type.
Go Bohemian with bombshell braids
- Apply a small amount of RUSK Radical Creme and blow dry the hair to create a rough texture.
- Create a two strand fishbone braid across the forehead and tie off the ends with a tiny elastic.
Spray with RUSK Being Sexy Hairspray for added texture and hold (www.ruskbeingsexy.com).
Now get out there and strut your fabulous stuff, and have a glamorous and happy New Year.