There's nothing better than opening the door after work to the Italian fragrance of a luscious, ready-to-eat dinner. Get out the wine, salad and bread. Perfect!
Slow cooker lasagna
- 1 pound ground beef, cooked and drained
- 1 32-ounce jar spaghetti sauce
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/4 teaspoon oregano
- 1/4 teaspoon basil
- 1/2 cup onion, minced
- 1/2 box lasagna noodles, broken in half
- 2 cups Mozzarella cheese, shredded, separated
- 1 container (15 ounces) cottage cheese or ricotta cheese
- 1/4 cup Parmesan cheese
- Grease the inside of slow cooker with cooking spray.
- In medium bowl, combine and mix well: beef, sauce, garlic, spices, and onion.
- In another medium bowl, combine 1 cup Mozzarella cheese and all the ricotta cheese.
- In slow cooker, layer beef, noodles and cheeses, creating several layers. End with beef mixture.
- Sprinkle with Parmesan. Cover and cook on low for 3-4 hours.
- Remove lid. Top with reserved 1 cup Mozzarella cheese. Let stand about 10 minutes until cheese melts.
- Cut into pieces to serve.
Pick up your ingredients at DeVitis Italian Market at 560 E. Tallmadge Avenue in Akron. Hours are Monday - Saturday 8:30am to 6pm and Sunday 9am to 1pm.