To become a Delta Pet Partner therapy team with your animal, there are five easy steps:
- Schedule an Orientation with the local Evaluator (firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Attend the Pet Partner Handler Workshop – an all day class without your animals, to prepare the human end of the leash for animal assisted therapy work
- Schedule your Pet Partner Evaluation
- Upon passing, Register through Pet Partners
- Volunteer with the Love Dog Adventures therapy team in Las Vegas
The next Handler Workshop is scheduled for Saturday, November 9 from 8:00 am – 5:00 pm and will be held at a health facility in Summerlin.
What makes Pet Partners unique?
- Pet Partners is the only therapy team that requires re-testing every two years to ensure safety.
- Pet Partners is not exclusively dogs.
- Pet Partners focuses on both ends of the leash, handler and animal.
- Pet Partners supports positive training of your animal and utilizes no metal choke or pinch collars, shock collars or various other types of equipment.
- Pet Partners is renowned for its professionalism and training.
The Love Dog team is comprised exclusively of Pet Partner-registered therapy teams and volunteer with several strategic partners in Las Vegas. Facilities include therapy centers and group homes for multiply challenged children, educational settings, reading programs and many other opportunities to harness the healing power of the pets.
For more information about the Pet Partners program, go to www.petpartners.org.
To schedule your Orientation or learn more about this opportunity to become a Pet Partner therapy team, contact your local Instructor and Evaluator at email@example.com