The Las Vegas 2014 NYE celebration is a week away and some revelers still have decisions to make regarding their party spot selections. Simple entry costs for some of these events are pricey (particularly on the Strip), but it is New Years Eve in Las Vegas which usually demands a fat wallet. Routinely, ladies cover charges are always cheaper than that for men at most of the clubs.
Here's a partial listing of the popular celebrity performance/ party/nightlife/hoorah options in Vegas for NYE night, including some less expensive event options. Most of the party entry prices per person listed below include some alcohol (eg 1 drink plus a champagne toast at midnight), but partiers are encouraged to check out specifics. Party/ event start times are listed. Check the provided links for each event for more info.
Las Vegas 2014 NYE parties/events (** = $100 or less per person entry)
- New Years Eve at Eiffel Tower Experience at Paris 11 P.M. $200
- Sammy Hagar's Rock in 2014 at Cabo Wabo Cantina Planet Hollywood 9:30 P.M. $300
- Stratosphere's NYE Everything Party 9 P.M. $175 starting pkgs.
- **NYE Nightclub Crawl visiting Pure, V Bar, and Rockhouse parties 7:30 P.M. $45
- DJ Calvin Harris at MGM Grand's Hakkasan club 9 P.M. $150 ladies / $300 men
- Paris Hilton at Hyde Bellagio 9 P.M. $300
- Beacher's Madhouse NYE bash at MGM Grand 9 P.M. $150
- John Legend at Aria's Haze Nightclub 9 P.M. $50 ladies / $125 men
- Voodoo Steakhouse party at the Rio 7 P.M. packages start at $249
- **Clair Sinclair and DJ Mike Fusion at Aria's Deuce Lounge 9 P.M. $50
- **Maroon 5 at Mandalay Bay Event Center 7 P.M. $99.50
- Rhumbar bash at the Mirage 9 P.M. $250
- J. Cole at Mirage's 1 Oak 9 P.M. $50 ladies / $125 men
- **Boyz II Men at Beatles Revolution Lounge at Mirage 9 P.M. $50 ladies / $75 men
- Rockhouse open bar Strip-side bash at Venetian - Palazzo $100 advance/$200 at door
- DJ Vice at Palazzo's Lavo club 9 P.M. $100 ladies / $125 men
- House of Blues Foundation Room NYE atop Mandalay Bay 8 P.M. $300
- **PBR Rock Bar & Grill's bash at Planet Hollywood 9 P.M. $100 GA/$200 w/perks
- Brad Garrett & Friends New Years Bash MGM Grand 8 P.M. $108.90
- **Harrah's Carnaval Court NYE 9 P.M. $30
- ** Celine Dion at Caesars Palace Colosseum 6:30 P.M. $55 and up
- Kaskade DJ at Encore's XS club 9 P.M. $100 ladies / $250 men
- **Lil John rap party at Wynn's Tryst Nightclub 9 P.M. $30 ladies/ $75 men
- **Keri Hilson at LAX nightclub at Luxor 9 P.M. $50 ladies / $75 men
- **Fremont Street Experience's Downtown Countdown 6 P.M. $40
- **Center Bar at NYNY 5P.M. $40
- **The Pub at Monte Carlo NYE celebration 9 P.M. $40
- **Diablo's Cantina at Monte Carlo 9 P.M. $50
- Common performs at the Bank club at Bellagio 9 P.M. $55 ladies / $137.50 men
- Miguel and Politik at Venetian's Tao nightclub 9 P.M. $100 ladies / $150 men
- Sebastian Ingrosso at Light Nightclub at Mandalay Bay 9 P.M. $50 ladies / $125 men
- Mandalay Bay's 'Paint the Town Gold' NYE party Multi-venue/ multiple options & prices
- Tony Orlando NYE at South Point 10:30 P.M. $179
- New York,New York's (NYNY) dinner and dance party at America Restaurant 8 P.M. $150
- NYNY's Open Bar Party at Sporting House 9 P.M. $125 advance / $150 at door
- NYNY's NYE Revention at Gonzales Y Gonzales 9 P.M. $125
- Britney Spears at Planet Hollywood 10 P.M. $103 and up
- Margaritaville's New Years bash at the Flamingo 9 P.M. $250
- Bruno Mars on Cosmopolitan's Strip Marquee digital sign 11 P.M. Free (in-person show from the new Chelsea club is sold out)
- **Boyd Gaming's multi-property NYE parties including Orleans, Gold Coast, Suncoast, Sam's Town, Fremont, Main Street Station, and the California. Several free entry dance parties at pubs and lounges, free or cheap entertainment options, and multiple dining and drink discounts will be available throughout their properties. The most expensive event is the all-inclusive open bar and hors d'eouvres hoorah at the Orleans for $75 per person.
- **New Years Eve concert with Kristen Chenoweth at Smith Center 7:30 P.M. from $49
- **NYE with the Alley Cats at South Point 12 P.M. from $19
- **NYE with the Spazmatics at South Point 9:30 P.M. from $69
- **Rockin Motown NYE with Greg Austin at South Point 9:30 P.M. from $39
- **NYE at Carmine's in Caesars Forum Shops 9 P.M. $40 locals / $50 non-locals
- **NYE East Coast Countdown at Tacos and Tequila at Luxor 7 P.M. no cover /cheap eats and drinks
- **NYE Extravaganza at LVH (4 separate lounge/ Sports Book parties with free entry) 9 P.M.
- **Lon Bronson Band NYE party at Aliante 10:30 P.M. $25 advance/$35 at door
- **Skip the Strip NYE Bash at Silverton $20 all-you-can-drink wristbands from 7-10 P.M.
- **Bar at Times Square NYE at NYNY 9 P.M. from $25
- **NYE at SHe by Morton's at Crystals - City Center 8 P.M. $100 / $50 per person after 10 P.M.
- **NYE Party at Bubba Gump's Shrimp (on Strip next to Miracle Mile Shops entry) 9 P.M. $99
- **NYE Party with Zowie Bowie at Red Rock Resort 10 P.M. $30 cover
Revelers joining the 2014 NYE insanity on the Strip in Vegas should arrive everywhere / anywhere early, have a plan, and anticipate the impact of the wild massive crowd. All vehicle traffic on Las Vegas Blvd is shut down at 6 P.M. on NYE evening (see road closure article linked below), and open traffic routes in the vicinity of the Strip will generally move at a slow snail's pace from 5 P.M. on.
Foot traffic exit / entry at the various resorts are quite restricted ( must show proof as a hotel guest) from about 9 P.M. until after midnight. Pedestrians on the Strip are not allowed to carry metal or glass containers or large backpacks due to local ordinances in effect from 6 P.M. on NYE until 6 A.M., Jan. 1.
The party includes the annual NYE fireworks shows commencing around midnight from resort rooftops (see previous LVE article linked below) and includes piped musical accompaniment from Sinatra, Mariah Carey, Bing Crosby, and others. Try and capture your chosen fireworks viewing site as early as workable, as the other 300,000 + partiers will be vying for their own vantage points to watch the show. Parking garage rooftops are viable options with an early arrival.
Be safe out there...