The 2013 March Madness events in Las Vegas brings NCAA college basketball fans, sports bettors, and partiers in droves for game viewing parties, dining and drink specials, and one big hoopla of a good time during the last two weeks of March and early April. The Vegas sports books betting handles and activities during March Madness are second only to that observed during the Super Bowl. March also represents the onset of the annual spring break season in Vegas including popular pool party openings.
The 2013 NCAA men's college basketball tournament schedule is...
- First Four : March 19 - 20
- Second & Third rounds : March 21 - 24
- Regionals (includes Sweet 16 and Elite 8 match ups) : March 28 - 31
- Final Four (championship game April 8) : April 6 - 8
The games can all be viewed for free at numerous Las Vegas sports books...fans are encouraged to grab seats early in the day (particularly on weekends). Most of the sports book venues run various dining and drink specials during the course of March Madness activity. Here are our top ten Vegas sports book suggestions for the tournament (alphabetical order, check provided links for specifics).
- Caesars Palace
- Lagasse's Stadium at Palazzo
- MGM Grand
- Mandalay Bay
- Red Rock
- Wynn Las Vegas
Vegas hotel - casinos, bars, strip clubs, restaurants, and other venues cater to March Madness Vegas enthusiasts. Check out 2013 viewing parties, package deals, and special events surrounding the basketball party frenzy in Vegas. Catch live basketball at MGM Grand which hosts the 2013 PAC-12 basketball tournament March 13 - 16 in Vegas.
March Madness 2013 Las Vegas parties and events :
- Cosmopolitan - Hoops and Hops, March 21-24, 9 a.m. - 9 p.m. $40 admission price per day includes game viewing and two complimentary cocktails at Brera Ballroom. Special VIP packages run $125 per day up to the Private Pod lounge package for $1500 (8 - 10 guests).
- Aria's Deuce Lounge - March Mayhem with game viewing March 19 - April 8 on four huge screens and dining/drink specials. They're offering a buffet on March 21 and 22 with a $50 cover charge.
- Crazy Horse III - Hoops and Hotties Bash runs March 19 - April 8, including $5 Crown Royal cocktails and $20 ( 4 bottles) buckets of beer during games.
- Treasure Island - Drink specials at Gilley's Saloon, Sports Book, and two bars at the Seafood Shack during March 21 - 24. Specialty cocktails are $5 and buckets of beer are $15 (Bud products) and $20 (Coronas).
- Senor Frog's at Treasure Island - Game viewing and food/drink specials throughout the tournament (March 19 - April 8). "Loco Platters" including sliders, onion rings, and wings will be offered for $25.
- Caesars Palace - Hoops on the Strip packages, including Full Court ($175/ person) and Man Cave ($2000 for 6 people) options.
- PBR Rock Bar - Bud beer buckets for $19 March 19 - April 8.
- Planet Hollywood - Hoops on the Mezz presents three viewing packages running from $109/person (Full Court Package) to $3,399 (Championship Package) for groups of 12 guests.
- Harrah's - Hoops at Harrah's packages run $89/ person (Full Court) to $1999 for 8 guests (Man Cave Package).
- The Quad - Hoops at The Quad offers a Man Cave Package for groups of 6 ($1199) that includes living room viewing areas, buffets, open bar, and convenient sports betting options.
- Mirage - Bikinis and Basketball poolside viewing of March Madness at Bare Pool March 21-24.
- Mirage - Basketball Tailgates at Rhumbar March 21-24 with $6 Bloody Marys and margaritas, $5 Coors Light bottles, and $25 Coors Light buckets.
- Mandalay Bay - March Madness at Slice of Vegas Pizza and Hussong's Cantina with food and drink specials March 19 - April 8.
- Luxor's Public House will stage viewing parties with food and drink specials from March 19 - April 8. These specials will include a $25 bucket of wings and the Mad Platter appetizer sampler for three people ($75).
- Diablo's Cantina at Monte Carlo - March Madness drink specials on Saturdays and Sundays during the tournament.
- THE PUB at Monte Carlo - Enjoy beer pints for $4.95 or buckets for $24.95. Happy Hour specials (Mon-Fri, 3 - 7 p.m.) include $1 sliders and wings and 2-for-1 select domestic draft beer and well drinks.
- LVH - Hoops Central will feature all games March 21-24 on big HD screens inside the LVH Theater with free entry (if you arrive early enough) and numerous food and drink specials.
- Stratosphere - March BBall Tournament HQ features 9 theater style screens with free admission and $3/$6 food specials including breakfast and BBQ sandwiches. The deal involves $5 pitchers of Bud / Bud Light and live blackjack games.
- South Point's Hoops Heaven - March 21 - 23 in the Grand Ballroom and featuring $16 beer buckets and $4 Crown Royal, Smirnoff, Cuervo, and/or Bailey's cocktails. Entry is free and includes a Celebrity Free Throw Contest involving former NBA and NCAA basketball stars.
- El Cortez - Join in a viewing party in the Fiesta Room March 21-23 which includes $1 Bud drafts, $1 hot dogs, and $2 brats.
- Silverton March Madness specials - All bars will serve $4 PBR pitchers, $12 buckets of six Coronas, $2 Modelo and Jager shots, and $3 Skyy Vodka cocktails. Food specials at other venues include $2 pizza slices, $2 chili dogs, $2 crispy chicken tacos or quesadillas, $4 nachos, and $6 honey chipotle hot wings.