Solatube International, Inc., the worldwide leading manufacturer and marketer of Tubular Daylighting Devices (TDDs), has a trailblazing new product designed specifically for high bay commercial applications: The SkyVault Series M74 DS, the biggest tubular daylighting device yet, that serves as the daylighting “core” for a new range of groundbreaking optical daylighting technologies.
Benefits of the SkyVault include:
• A 29-inch diameter (74 cm) opening to the sky, (an increase in aperture and collection capability over the Solatube SolaMaster® series) making it possible for more light to enter an area
• More daylight means higher daytime illuminance and/or greater spacing between units resulting in fewer roof penetrations
• Maximum output while minimizing impact on the building envelope and significantly reducing installation costs
• Temperature control with insulated and sealed curb-mounted roof assemblies that minimize heat gain/heat loss through the roof (dual dome option improves thermal efficiency even more) and which are designed to easily integrate into a building’s vapor barrier
• Reduces glare and minimizes traveling hot spots below that are common with traditional skylights
• Ideal for large volume spaces with high ceilings, such as airports, convention centers, lobbies, warehouses, manufacturing facilities and retail centers
• Innovative Tab-Lock Connection System, Tube Belts, and Pre-assembled roof and diffuser modules to help simplify installation and significantly reduce labor costs
• Minimal packaging, resulting in lower shipping costs and less waste (helps address USGBC LEED construction waste management requirements)
“SkyVault is a truly break-through product in that it takes our best technology and expands it to the largest size in the industry,” said Robert Westfall, president of Solatube International. “Large-volume spaces such as convention centers can now easily and efficiently have daylighting installed at a much lower cost. These are big tubes for big spaces.”
Retail price quotes are available through Solatube Commercial Distributors. For more information, please visit http://www.solatube.com/commercial/skyvault.
About Solatube International
Solatube International, Inc., based in Vista, Calif., is the worldwide leading manufacturer and marketer of Tubular Daylighting Devices (TDDs) for over 20 years. The company’s flagship product, the Solatube® Daylighting System, provides a revolutionary natural lighting solution for all types of residential and commercial applications and is the only spec-grade TDD currently available on the market. The tagline “Innovation in DaylightingTM” reflects the company’s commitment to the development of breakthrough daylighting technologies, which has resulted in numerous patents dating back to the mid-1980s. Widely recognized as the industry innovator, Solatube International has earned acclaim around the globe for its unrivaled ability to transform interior spaces with the power of daylight. The company recently launched the Solatube Smart LED System which offers a significant lighting energy savings. For more information on the Solatube Daylighting System or other products manufactured and marketed by Solatube International, including Solar Star Attic Fans, please visit the Solatube Web site at http://www.solatube.com or call 888-SOLATUBE (888-765-2882).