The Lapham Peak Marathon, Half Marathon, and 10k trail races are this Saturday, September 7th in Delafield, Wisconsin. The runners race through the trails in Kettle Moraine State Forest on a 6.5 mile loop. The marathon and half marathon races run to the top of the Lapham Peak Tower on the first loop of the race. The race has a limit of 500 runners, so I am expecting the trails to not be too crowded. Here are the details of the upcoming race:
- Race Start Times: 8:00 a.m. Marathon, 8:30 a.m. Half Marathon, 9:00 a.m. 10k
- Location: Lapham Peak State Park, W329 N846 Co. C, Delafield, WI
- Registration: You can register on race day at the event. Registration closes 30 minutes before race starting times. Or, you can register at the In-Step running store in Delafield, Wisconsin on September 6th from 2:00 pm to 6:00 pm.
- Packet Pickup: Friday, September 6th at the Delafield In-Step store, and the morning of the race from 7:00 am to 8:30 am.
- Cost: Today is the last day before prices increase: Marathon, $65; Half Marathon, $55; and 10k, $40.
The previous race reviews write that in the past this race has been well organized, and fun to run! To read previous runners reviews of the race click here. Part of the proceeds go to the Jenny Crain "Make It Happen" Fund.
Click here to register online for the race!