The Lambrecht Chevrolet auction began on the morning of Saturday, Sept. 28, 2013, and it brought about some great cars, big crowds, and high prices. AutoWeek.com brought forth some of the biggest sales from day one and constant updates, but it was a great gathering and weekend for all that call themselves a car lover.
Car collectors and enthusiasts headed into Pierce, Nebraska, by the thousands for the Lambrecht Chevrolet auction and hope that they could become the owners of some once-in-a-lifetime finds. There were nearly 500 vintage vehicles and other memorabilia on sale.
All of them came Ray Lambrecht, a locally retired Chevrolet dealer.
There were numerous vehicles that were sent out after just the first day of the Lambrecht Chevrolet auction, but here are the top five sales from day one.
- 1958 Chevrolet Cameo Pickup with 1.3 miles on it - $140,000
- 1958 Chevrolet Apache 31 Series Truck with 5 miles on it - $50,000+
- 1978 Chevrolet Indy Pace Car with 4 miles on it - $80,000
- 1964 Chevrolet Impala with 4 miles on it - $75,000
- 1964 Chevrolet Impala with 11 miles on it - $97,500
While these may have been the best sales from day one, there were still plenty of vehicles left for day two of the auction. There were also still thousands of car fanatics waiting to get their chance at their dream cars that are good to go or can be restored to their liking.