Looking for a great pizza on the west side of Maui? Craving a good, deep dish pizza while walking along Front Street?
Lahaina Pizza Company http://www.lahainapizzacompany.com has the thick crust pizza for you!
Changing it's name from BJ's Chicago Pizzeria in early 2010, Lahaina Pizza Company is located in a historic building in the heart of Lahaina Town. The second floor restaurant has a good view of Lahaina harbor and the Hawaiian island of Lana'i.
The thick Chicago-style deep dish pizza takes a while to cook, but it's worth the wait. There's a large variety of pizzas on their menu, and my favorite is one with a lot of meat and cheese. While not as inexpensive as a "chain" pizza place, Lahaina Pizza Company offers good value for a family or group.
Top 5 Things You Should Know About Lahaina Pizza Company:
- It's on the second floor, so look for their sign as you walk along Front Street. They are across from the seawall. (Note: the steps up to the restaurant are somewhat steep.)
- Their menu boasts a large variety of pizzas, calzones, salads, sandwiches, and buffalo-style wings. Lahaina Pizza Company is also known for their cold beer.
- Live entertainment performs most weekend nights, so if you've got a large group and want to talk, ask for a table away from the bandstand.
- Reservations are not required.
- Make plans for dinner at the sunset hour (6 p.m.) and ask for a table along the outside railing. You'll enjoy awesome sunset views and wonderful "people watching" along Front Street.
Craving pizza while staying on the west side of Maui? Take a trip into Lahaina Town and enjoy Lahaina Pizza Company and nice ocean views.
Lahaina Pizza Company
730 Front Street
Lahaina, HI 96761
Open 11 a.m. to 9:30 p.m.
Yelp! Reviews: http://www.yelp.com/biz/lahaina-pizza-company-lahaina
Parking. Parking along Front Street is very limited. Try the paid parking lots along Dickenson or Lahainaluna Road off Hwy. 30. It's a short walk to Lahaina Pizza Company, and they do not validate parking.
Directions. Take Hwy. 30 to the west side of Maui, and turn toward the ocean on either Lahainaluna Road or Dickenson Street. There is paid parking on both sides of each street.
* Stop at the Baldwin Museum and see one of Maui's first missionary homes. It's just a block south of Lahaina Pizza Company. http://www.lahainarestoration.org/baldwin.html
* Enjoy a shave ice at Ululani's Shave Ice, only two blocks north of Lahaina Pizza Company. http://ululanisshaveice.com/
Additonal Pizza Restaurants On The West Side Of Maui:
* In the Ka'anapali resort area of west Maui, is Roundtable Pizza. http://www.roundtablepizzamaui.com/
* In the Kahana resort area, check-out Dollies Pub & Cafe. http://dolliespizzakahana.com/
Jelly Fish & Sea Creatures - Enjoy multi-media artist and photographer Elizabeth Hoskinson as she showcases her "Jelly Fish Series" of these incredible underwater creatures. http://www.elizabeth-hoskinson.fineartamerica.com
Maui Information: http://www.maui-tourist.com
Oahu Information: http://www.oahu-tourist.com
Lahaina Fudge Company: http://www.lahainafudgecompany.com
Maui's Best Salt Water Taffy: http://www.bigwavetaffy.com
Lanai Information: http://www.lanai-tourist.com