Located on Dickenson Street just one block off famous Front Street, Lahaina Coolers has been providing outstand service to both locals and visitors to Maui since 1989. It has a nice bar with several TV's if you're just looking to catch a sporting event or have a drink, and there's a nice outdoor seating area for diners wanting to explore the extensive menu and wine list.
For breakfast there's everything from omelettes to pancakes, along with local favorites like Loco Moco and breakfast fried rice. Lunch offers wraps, pasta dishes, and a popular Whaler's Stew.
The dinner menu features homemade pizzas, salads (try the Soba Noodle salad), local fish and steak options, and several outstanding pasta dishes. There's several pupus worth considering, with the Black Salt Seared Scallops being a favorite of many visitors that come to Lahaina Coolers when coming to Maui each year.
Looking for an out-of-the-way restaurant in Lahaina that offers outstanding food at reasonable prices? Try the relaxed environment of Lahaina Coolers. It has something for the entire family.
180 Dickenson Street
Lahaina, HI 96761
Open 8 a.m. to midnight each day
Directions. Take Hwy.30 to the west side of Maui, and turn toward the ocean and Front Street at the Dickenson intersection with Hwy. 30. Go through the stop sign, and then start looking for parking. There's a parking lot across the street from Lahaina Coolers, along with on-street parallel parking for free in front of the restaurant.
- Park along Dickenson Street in either a free spot along Dickenson Street or in a parking lot with an hourly rate. It's a good, secure place to leave your car if you're planning on walking Front Street.
- Reservations are not needed, but please call if you have a large group or have special requirements.
- Front Street is one block away from Lahaina Coolers, and it's a great walking street to explore the many art galleries, souvenir shops, jewelry stores, and historic buildings either before or after your meal.
- As you approach Front Street, the Baldwin Museum will be to your left. Take a few minutes to explore the first missionary buildings on Maui.
- To see Maui's famous banyan tree, take a left at Front Street and go about a block. It's easy-to-find, yet hard to believe it's just one tree.
- If you're looking for some chocolate for dessert, try Hawaii Fudge Company on Front Street, or grab a bag of Big Wave Taffy at the same store.
- A shave ice is a "must" when visiting a Hawaiian island, and Ululani's Shave Ice is the best on Maui and is a short walk on Front Street from Lahaina Coolers.
- Try a gelato at Ono Gelato on Front Street after lunch or dinner.
Travel, Top 10 Lists, Polls Only & Homemade Food!
The Hawaiian island of Maui is an incredible island to visit, and Waikiki is one of the most famous beaches. Also, Honolulu airport is the "gateway" to Bangkok, one of the most visited cities in the world.
Top 10 Maui Restaurants.
- Mama's Fish House is one of the most well-known restaurants on Maui.
- In Lahaina Town, try Lahaina Grill. It's one of the best restaurants on Maui.
- Merriman's Hawaiian Restaurant in Kapalua has won many awards for outstanding food.
- The Pineapple Grill in Kapalua is a popular, upscale restaurant popular with locals and tourists alike.
- On the west side of Maui, try Star Noodle. It's one of the most popular restaurants on the island.
- The Plantation House in Kapalua offers an excellent fine dining experience.
- Sarento's On The Beach in the Kihei area of Maui is always recognized for outstanding food and service.
- Hali' imaile General Store has pleased customers since opening in 1988 with its upcountry location.
- Japengo At The Maui Hyatt Regency Resort & Spa is a recent addition to the Top 10 Restaurants on Maui.
- Roy's in Ka'anapali has consistently been one of the top restaurants on Maui, Hawaii.
Maui's Top Attractions.
- Haleakala National Park lets you visit one of the most rare sights in the world at over 32,000 feet.
- The Road To Hana takes a full day but is one of the most famous drives in the world.
- One of the wettest and most beautiful valleys on all the Hawaiian islands is at Iao Valley.
- Visit 7 Sacred Pools (Ohe'o Gulch) past Hana on the far windward side of Maui.
- A "must-see" beach is Big Beach at Makena State Park on the southwest side of Maui, Hawaii.
- Lahaina Town & Banyan Tree on the west side of Maui is a historic whaling town with much to see.
- Stroll through gardens with over 45 varieties of lavender at the Ali'i Kula Lavender Farm.
- One of Maui's top-rated family attractions in the Maui Ocean Center.
- Maui Tropical Plantation offers rides through a tropical plantation and has a fun zipline.
- The Sugar Museum is located on Hawaii's largest working sugar factory.
- Tedeschi Winery produces wine from Maui-grown grapes at the Ulupalakua Ranch.
- Surfing Goat Dairy has world-class cheese made upcountry in a unique setting.