StubHub, the world's largest ticket marketplace, announced its most-searched performers in 2013. The choices were determined by the percentage of page-view increases after a tour was announced. Over 8.5 million people visit StubHub.com on a daily basis.
What was the most popular single tour date that fans were interested in? George Strait's final performance taking place on June 7, 2014 in Arlington, Texas.
Here are the top five most-viewed artists:
- Lady Gaga - Her North American trek announcement prompted a 900 percent increase on the ticket website.
- George Strait - A 700 percent increase rise occurred after the country music legend announced his 2014 farewell tour.
- One Direction - The pop sensations saw a 400 percent increase of web traffic on StubHub.
- Miley Cyrus - Miley continues to dominate in 2013 with a 345 percent page-view increase.
- Billy Joel - One of the top live acts of all time, Billy Joel's ticket increase was up by 154 percent.