You can take the girl out of Sephora, but you can't take Sephora out of the girl! What girly girl doesn't love pricey beauty products?! But if your beauty routine is practically putting you in the poor house, it may be time to look for less expensive alternatives that provide lots of bang for the buck. Check out the products below--nothing is over $20! Pick and choose what you think will work best for you and your beauty routine.
1. Smith's Rosebud Salve ($5) -- One of the best beauty products ever! This salve has so many uses (it makes a perfect lip balm to start.)
2. Physicians Formula Shimmer Strips ($10) -- The Shimmer Strip can double as an eyeshadow or bronzer. Each Strip contains five different shades you can mix and match.
3. CoverGirl Exact EyeLights Mascara ($7.50) -- This mascara brings out the color of your eyes and gives you gorgeous clump-free lashes. The shimmery effect is the added bonus.
4. L'Oreal Double Extend Lash Boosting Serum ($12.50) -- Not ready for a Latisse prescription? This product promises the same results without the hassle.
5. Olay Regenerist Advanced Anti-Aging Eye Roller ($19) -- If you are tired of those dark circles and fine lines under your eyes, this product is what you have been looking for.
6. Maybelline Mineral Power Illuminator All-Over Sheer Shimmer Loose Powder ($10) -- The easiest way to fake a natural glow.
7. Aveeno Daily Moisturizer, Ultra-Calming SPF 15 ($15) -- A gentle moisturizer that can be used on a daily basis. It comes complete with SPF 15--a South Florida necessity.
8. The Body Shop's Tea Tree Blemish Fade Night Lotion ($18) -- If you have suffered from acne in the past or still battle with it now, this product will help reduce redness, irritation, and those dark spots left from blemishes.
9. Soap and Glory Fab Pore Facial Peel ($12) -- Got pore problems? Then you need to try this awesome face mask by Soap and Glory. It will help restore your natural glow while shrinking enlarged pores.
10. L'Oreal Sunless Sublime Glow Daily Moisturizer ($7) -- Getting a tan in Fort Lauderdale isn't very difficult. But if you want that healthy glow without spending lots of time in the sun, this body lotion is your best bet.
11. LaVanila's Vanilla Coconut Perfume ($19) -- Perfect for your purse (.32 oz roller ball)! This intoxicating fragrance not only smells good but also is good for you.
12. Clean & Clear Oil Absorbing Sheets ($5) -- Use these oil absorbing sheets to fight the South Florida humidity and stay shine-free. Look for a generic brand of this product at Target or Walgreens, and save another dollar or two!
13. Dual-End Pointed/Flat Cotton Swabs ($3) -- A makeup bag must! These special cotton swabs can be found at any drugstore and are great for fixing eye makeup mishaps.
14. Buf-Puf Double-Sided Body Sponge ($5) -- Use the Buf-Puf to keep your skin feeling silky and smooth.
15. Allegro's Northwest Minty Green Tea ($4) -- Beauty starts on the inside, right? Green tea is loaded with antioxidants and neutralizes the spread of free radicals helping you look and feel great.
16. The Aveda Institute in Davie (prices vary) -- The Aveda Institute is every girl's fantasy! Get your hair cuts, highlights, facials, and massages done on the cheap! And yes, the students at the Institute are responsible for all the services provided, but the instructors are always near by. But keep in mind this place can get packed--especially on the weekend.