Saturday, September 1st and Sunday, September 2nd, don't miss the end of an era. Accuweather predicts a sunny weekend in the mid 90s’. This thirty year tradition will take place under giant shade trees, along the banks of the historic Little River Dragway, deep in the heart of Texas. This party is a short putt from Dallas.
- Eight Bike Top Fuel Harley Eliminator
- Consolation Fuel Harley Eliminator
- Top Alcohol Harley Eliminator
- Vintage Fuel Harley Eliminator
- 31 Classes Of wheel-standing Harley Davidson Sportsmen Racers
- Stockers to All Out Drag Modified Harleys
- Free Grudge Racing for any Harley rider that just wants to see what she'll do
This is the absolute last Labor Day Weekend Harley Drags ever at Little River Dragway. Come be a part of history. The "Texas Style Party Drags" will end with this race! All Harley Sportsman Class Records at the end of this race will stand forever.
- $40 Weekend Adult Admission or $20 per day
- $10 kids 5-12 at Gate
- Military Discounts available W/ID at Gate
- No additional fees for RVs, camping, parking or field meet entries
Because of the large influx of racer response, the Bike Show will not be held for lack of time and space.
- Gate stays open 24 hours a day starting Saturday - September 1 - Qualifying Day
- 8:00 a.m. – Saturday Day Pass sales open
- 9:00 a.m. – Racer Registration opens
- 10:30 a.m. until 5 p.m. – Pro Class Qualifying and Sportsman Time Trials
- 5:30 p.m. until 7:30 p.m. – Motorcycle Field Meet, by Ringmaster J.R.
- Old Racers Gathering 8:00 p.m. Saturday Night, at Jerry's Place Bar in the Back Room - old race videos, photos and lots of bench racing – all welcome, bring ‘your stuff’
- 8:00 p.m. until whenever – Pete Barbeck and 7th Son – Rock Like We Like – On Stage In The Pits
- 11:00 p.m. – Bikini Contest, by Ringmaster J.R.
- Sunday - September 2 – Eliminations Day
- 8:00 a.m. - Sunday Day Pass Sales Opens
- 9:00 a.m. until 10:00 a.m. – Non Denominational Church Services by JLBB
- 10:30 a.m. until 1:00 p.m. – Last Chance Pro Qualifying and Time Trials
- 2 p.m. until finished - Grand Eliminations – Pro and Sportsman
- 7 p.m. until ? – Blac Luci, rocking live in concert
All sorts of vendors including, Hard Parts to GeGaws, Charlottes’ Race Souvenir T-shirt Stand, Tattoo Artists, Mechanical Bull Ride, Door Prizes and more. Enjoy shaded, ‘motorcycle ONLY’ (no generators) camping area, WiFi at the track.
Remember Red’s famous saying "It's a big party with a dragstrip right in the middle!” And after all, what more could Dallas Harley riders ask for to celebrate Labor Day Weekend.
For more information including:
- Videos of past Labor Day races
- How to race your bike at Temple
- And much more, visit WWW.TEXASSCOOTER.COM or 254-687-9066.
Of course, your personal challenge from Red . . . "Be There or Be Square!"
Don't miss any Dallas Motorcycle Lifestyle Examiner article: Click the SUBSCRIBE button at the top and enter your email address or choose the RSS feed. Either way you’ll be alerted to the latest piece when it's published. It’s FREE. You can also email this to a friend with the EMAIL button at the top. If you have questions or comments, please leave them below - no registration is required to comment.