Fans of jaunty Jordan wines who enjoy great food with their grape should mark May 29, 2014 on your foodie calendar. That’s when CAFE del REY Executive Chef Chuck Abair is creating a special five-course, Mediterranean menu for gastronomes and oenophiles.Guests will in style at the iconic Marina del Rey restaurant with paired with wine flights from Sonoma County’s Jordan Winery to enhance selections such as Maine diver Scallops, Lamb Porterhouse, and Black Truffles.
Pairings will include Jordan’s signature Cabernet Sauvignon and Chardonnay blends with:
- Study of Carrots carrot salad with panna cotta, vinaigrette, and walnuts paired with 2012 Jordan Chardonnay
- Black Truffle Ravioli with black truffles, goat cheese, zucchini, and zucchini blossoms paired with 2010 Jordan Chardonnay
- Maine Diver Scallop with heart of palm, corn, snap peas, and cherry gastrique paired with 2010 Jordan Cabernet
- Lamb Porterhouse with squash, tomato, eggplant, Spring onions, and lamb jus paired with 2002 Jordan Cabernet
- Bakalava Napoleon with pistachio mousse, honey, spiced walnuts, and cinnamon ice cream paired with Orange Muscato
The $135 per person menu will be served from 7 -9 p.m. in the Regatta Room on Thursday ( May 29), following a cocktail reception begins at 6:15 p.m. For reservations call 310-823-6395.