A number of LA Chefs including Chef Mayet Cristobal (Executive Chef of the Getty Museum), Bobby Bognar (The Point), Farid Zadi, Susan Park, Peejay Javier and others have joined together to donate their time for an all you can eat Pinoy Food Fest & Bake Sale to help with Typhoon Haiyan disaster relief in the Filipines. All proceeds from this event will go to International Medical Corps and the Philippine Red Cross.
To foster community and encourage greater participation, this event held at Bamboo Bistro in Panorama City (see map side bar) on Sunday December 15th from 4 PM to 8 PM, will request a minimum donation of only $20 for adults and $12 for children 12 and under. Though the event's organizers encourage attendees to donate more money if they can afford it to help the Philippines recover from Typhoon Haiyan. (Cash is recommended since on site credit card processing services will be highly limited plus CC fees only take away from what can be donated to help victims of Typhoon Haiyan).
The menu of Filipino and Filipino inspired dishes prepared by these LA area chefs thus far includes the following items (more items will be added):
• Beef Short Rib Adobo- Chef Mayet Cristobal (Executive Chef of the Getty Museum) and Bobby Bognar of The Point in Culver City
• Smoked Embutido- (Peejay Javier)
• Lechon Porchetta- Porchetta with lechon marinade and crackling skin (Susan Park)
• Pinoy Seafood Paella- Jasmine rice, garlic vinegar aioli (Farid Zadi)
• Filipino fried chicken (Bamboo Bistro)
• Lobster Lumpia (Louis Eguaras)
Bake sale and dessert items sold separately
• Wattalapam (Flan like dessert made with eggs, palm sugar and coconut milk)- Chef Lalith Rodrigo of Apey Kade in Tarzana
• Calamansi Chewies (cookies)- Thane Tierney
Beverages will also be sold separately
If any other chefs would like to participate, please contact the event's organizers Farid Zadi, Susan Park and Jason Keith for details via the Facebook Event page for this event by clicking HERE.
In addition to the AMAZING food, there will also live music by Peejay Javier's band. So please come out and join these L:A Chefs for this event for great food and to help Typhoon Haiyan relief efforts