Are you a Kroger shopper? If you are you probably know about their Fuel Points program. If you are not, you are missing out on a great way to save on gas.
There are no gas coupons, but this program is the next best thing.
When you shop at Kroger and the cashier scans your Kroger Plus store loyalty card you earn points towards a discount for every gallon of gas you buy at the Kroger gas station. The cards are free to get at the customer service counter. Some Shell stations will also allow you to redeem the $0.10 per gallon discounts too, if you are not near a Kroger gas station.
Make sure you scan your Kroger Plus card every time you shop!
There are various ways to earn fuel points:
1. Buy groceries: $1 spent on groceries = 1 fuel point
2. Buy non-federally funded prescriptions at the Kroger pharmacy: 1 prescription = 50 fuel points
3. Buy gift cards at the store to earn Double Gift Card Points (normal exclusions apply). For example, $50 in Gift Cards = 100 Points **sometimes there are promotions where you can get quadruple points for gift cards – be on the lookout for signs in your Kroger store and online.
The programs vary slightly by state. To get the details about your state’s Kroger program, visit Kroger here.
For our state, for example, here are the details:
The Kroger fuel program allows you to receive savings of up to $1 per gallon on fuel purchases at Kroger and $0.10 per gallon at participating Shell locations. You may redeem 100 points at Shell for a 10¢ per gallon savings. And you may redeem up to 1,000 points in a single fill-up at Kroger for up to $1 off per gallon. For each increment of 100 points redeemed at Kroger, 10¢ off per gallon will be awarded.
• 100 points = 10¢ off per gallon of fuel for 1 fill-up at Shell.
• 100 points = 10¢ off per gallon of fuel for 1 fill-up at Kroger.
• 200 points = 20¢ off per gallon of fuel for 1 fill-up at Kroger.
• 1,000 points = $1 off per gallon of fuel for 1 fill-up at Kroger.
There is no limit on the amount of points you can earn. There is a limit of 100 points that can be redeemed in a single fuel fill-up at Shell. You can redeem up to 1,000 points (to save $1 off per gallon) at Kroger Fuel Centers. They do limit your fuel savings to a 35 gallon fill up.
When you check out at Kroger your current points balance is at the bottom of the receipt. You can also check your points balance on the Kroger website by registering your Kroger Loyalty card number online (select “Create an account” in the upper right hand corner of this page). Once you have registered your card online, select “My Points” to view your current points balance.
Points do expire, so be careful! Points remaining after a fill-up are available to use through the end of the following month in which they were earned, providing you have at least 100 remaining fuel points. When you go to put gas in and swipe your card you will allways be offered the biggest discount available, based on each month’s fuel point totals available in your account. For example, if you have 200 unredeemed fuel points from January and 300 fuel points in February, the 30¢ per gallon discount from February will be offered on your next fill-up. The 20¢ per gallon discount from January will be available through the end of February.
You can get more information by calling the Kroger Customer Help Desk at 800-KROGERS (800-576-4377).