Kohl’s Cares Scholarship Program is accepting nominations for 2013 through March 15. Kohl’s is honoring more than 2,300 youth, ages six to eighteen, who have made a positive impact on their communities with more than $425,000 in scholarships and prizes.
Prizes range from $50 Kohl’s gift cards to $10.000 scholarships. Two nominees from each of the more than 1,100 Kohl’s stores nationwide will win a $50 Kohl’s gift card and more than 200 will win regional scholarships worth $1,000 toward post-secondary education. Ten national winners will be awarded a total of $10,000 in scholarships for post-secondary education, and Kohl’s will donate $1,000 to a nonprofit organization on each national winner’s behalf.
Since Kohl’s Cares Scholarship Program began in 2001, Kohl’s has recognized more than 17,000 kids with more than $3.4 million in scholarships and prizes. In 2013, Kohl’s celebrates its 13th year of rewarding young volunteers. Nominate a child for a Kohl’s Cares scholarship by March 15 at kohlskids.com.
In 2012, Kohl’s honored national winner Brianna Moore, 15, from Detroit, Michigan (pictured) who collected, decorated and delivered food baskets that fed more than 400 families in her community, along with collecting and providing hats and gloves for approximately 320 local school children to keep them warm during the harsh Detroit winter.
By winning a Kohl’s gift card, that special kid can get some unbelievable savings at Kohl’s Gold Star clearance, or select from Kohl's bright new looks for spring.
Currently sale prices for students are:
- 50-60% off all fashion tops and bottoms for girls and boys
- 40-60% off collections, dresses and dressy bottoms for juniors
- 40-50% off all dresses and collections for girls and boys
- 40-50% off athletic apparel for men boys
- 50-60% off knit, active and woven tops for juniors
- 65-70% off select silver jewelry and Individuality Beads
- 55% off long sleeve knit and woven tops for young men
- 60% off all graphic fleece tops for young men
To see Kohl’s complete selection of girls' and boys' fashions or to place an order online, please visit Kohl’s website.
As always, maximize your style and minimize your spending~