Knoxville gets to ring in 2014 by celebrating New Years Eve on the Square. The family friendly event will have events for all ages. It takes place on Market Square and runs from 1:00 p.m. until the ball drops at midnight and the fireworks conclude.
Some of the activities at New Year's Eve on the Square in Knoxville include:
- Holidays on Ice beginning at 1:00 p.m.
- Festive food vendors
- Kids can get their faces painted at the ice rink
- Music begins at 11:00 pm. on Market Square
- A big screen will show portions of Knoxville events from 2013 with the music
- The New Year Countdown will begin at 11:59 pm. at Market Square Mall
- New Year's Eve on the Square in Knoxville will have a ball drop
- Midnight fireworks help ring in 2014
- The crowd will join in singing "Auld Lang Syne" after the fireworks
Visitors may want to check downtown area hotels for nearby accommodations. Parking is free for the night at all city-owned parking garages in downtown Knoxville. More information is available at the link above.