I do have to day this is one of my favorite times of the year to visit Walt Disney World. Though the temperatures are cooler, the crowds are much smaller. Lines are shorter, making it possible to see and do more while at the theme parks.
However, the one main issue with visiting the theme parks during this time of year is many of the popular attractions are closed for annual refurbishment projects. But on the bright side of things, many of these attractions are ones you would not want to ride when it is cold. Especially Splash Mountain and Kali River Rapids.
- Disney’s Grand Floridian Resort and Spa’s courtyard pool will be closed through Feb. 28, 2013
- Disney’s Grand Floridian Resort and Spa’s Ivy Trellis Beauty and Barber Shop will be closed through Feb. 28, 2013
- Typhoon Lagoon Water Park will be closed through Jan. 5, 2013
- Splash Mountain will be closed through March 19, 2013
- Kali River Rapids will be closed from Jan. 6-Feb. 15, 2013
- Boardwalk Bakery will be closed from Jan. 6-April 26, 2013
- Blizzard Beach Water Park will be closed from Jan. 6-March 16, 2013
- Mad Tea Party will be closed from Jan. 7-Feb. 18, 2013
- Beauty and the Beast -- Live on Stage will be closed from Jan. 7-12, 2013
- Disney Junior - Live on Stage! Will be closed from Jan. 14-Feb. 14, 2013
- Liberty Square Riverboat will be closed from Feb. 1-7, 2013
- California Grill will be closed from Feb. 4-July 31, 2013
Check back next week for an updated list of closures at the Walt Disney World Resorts and Theme Parks. I will also try to post notices as new closures are announced.