The evening of Thursday, September 12 (7pm) music legends, Paul Stanley & Gene Simmons from KISS will hold a book signing for “NOTHIN’ TO LOSE: The Making of Kiss, 1972 – 1975” at The Gove's B&N in Los Angelels.
“NOTHIN’ TO LOSE: The Making of Kiss, 1972 – 1975 was written by Ken Sharp with Paul Stanley and Gene Simmons (on sale from It Books, a division of HarperCollins Publishers; Sept. 10; hardcover; $29.99)
The book showcases an up close and personal look at the formation of one of the most beloved and iconic rock bands of all time – told by the people who were there.
Now, in Nothin’ to Lose: the Making of KISS (1972-1975), music journalist and writer Ken Sharp shares the remarkable story of KISS’s formative years as they laid the foundation for the rock-and-roll glory and worldwide success that would follow. Culminating with the groundbreaking success of their classic 1975 album Alive! and the smash single “Rock and Roll All Nite,” a song that nearly four decades later remains one of the band’s most enduring anthems, Nothin’ to Lose is an irresistible chronicle of a band on the rise and the music scene they changed forever.
The book reveals and behind-the-scenes insight into the outrageous exploits of this larger-than-life band, Sharp helps uncover:
- How the band was tricked into recording Bobby Rydell’s fifties’ pop hit “Kissin’ Time,” only to have it end up on an album, and why it led to one of the largest promotions in the history of radio (and many, many hours of nationwide kissing).
- The story of the strangest gig KISS ever did, and why it’s still remembered as the best library fundraiser ever.
- What Rush learned from KISS about stage presentation, and behind-the-scenes stories on the evolution of the KISS stage show.
- How the classic photo on the back cover of KISS’s Alive! album came about, told by the two teenagers pictured – and how Red Hot Chili Peppers’ drummer Chad Smith saw the whole shoot go down.
- Why the band’s first major gig – at New York’s Academy of Music, on December 31, 1973 – was almost their last (and why Gene never tried to “flash fire” out over the crowd ever again).
- How music magazine Creem fooled the band into posing
Event: KISS Paul Stanley & Gene Simmons books signing
When: Thursday, September 12
Time: 7:00pm PT – Book signing begins
Where: Barnes & Noble The Grove, 189 Grove Drive, Los Angeles, CA 90036
Store PH: 323-525-0270
BOOK SIGNING DETAILS: Wristbands will be available after 9:00 am on September 12 at B&N at The Grove. Priority line placement will be given to customers who purchase or show proof of purchase of Nothin' to Lose. No posed photos. Five-book maximum. Gene and Paul will only sign the new book. 323.525.0270. http://store-locator.barnesandnoble.com/event/81324 without makeup and nearly blew the cover off of the band’s look.