As old man winter drags his feet in getting out of the way for spring, everyone is looking for a special treat to cheer up the days. Why not create a treat that young and old will like equally much. KingYummy chocolate chip cookies are just what you need to make the day a little brighter. They're so easy and only call for eight ingredients.
Here's what you'll need:
- 1/2 cup butter
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1 egg
- 1tsp vanilla extract
- 1 cup plus 2 tsp. Flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/8 tsp. Baking soda
- 1 cup chocolate chips
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees.
- Cream together the butter and brown sugar.
- Next add the egg and the vanilla to the mixture and beat well.
- Now you will want to sift together in another bowl the flour, baking powder, and baking soda.
- Next you will want to fold the dry ingredients into the butter mixture.
- Mix in the chocolate chips.
- Pour the batter into an 8 inch x 8 inch baking pan.
- Be sure to spread the mixture evenly and then bake at 350 degrees for 30 minutes if you want chewy and 35 minutes for crunchy squares.
- Finally the most fun part. Take your baked dessert out of the oven and while still warm, sprinkle the chocolate chips on top. When the chocolate chips are melted, spread out to create a smooth chocolate frosting.
A word to the wise though, if you leave them unattended, there may not be any left when you come back because they are so good.
*Extras: Be sure to check out the video that accompanies this recipe for visual step-by-step instructions.
If you would like to receive regular updates to recipes by this author, you can subscribe for free by clicking 'subscribe' at the bottom of this page. You will receive a free e-mail with a link to future recipes. 'Who says cooking has to be complicated?' ~Atlanta :)
Be sure to check out all of Atlanta Page's titles including:
- Knoxville News
- Knoxville Christianity & Culture
- Kingsport Cooking
- Knoxville Frugal Living
- Knoxville Organic Food
- General Recreation
- Stay-at-Home Parents
- Western Religions