For those who like to start their holiday shopping early, the King Center for the Performing Arts has the perfect gift idea. The best part is that anyone could have their holiday shopping completed by August 15, if they really wanted to. That is the day that tickets go on sale for all of the upcoming holiday shows at the King Center.
The 2014 holiday lineup offers something for everyone, be it rock or traditional, dance or song. Here is the holiday show schedule and price of tickets for each:
- Mannheim Steamroller Christmas - Tuesday, Nov. 18 at 8 p.m. Grammy Award winner Chip Davis, a member of the group, put together a Christmas album 30 years ago and the group has toured the country performing it every year since. Tickets start at $45.50.
- Space Coast Ballet's The Nutcracker - Saturday, Dec. 6 at 2 and 7 p.m. A Christmas tradition, this lavish production is produced by Kirov Ballet-trained directors. Note that there are two shows and tickets start at $19 for each show.
- A Peter White Christmas - Sunday, Dec. 14 7 p.m.. Peter White, himself an accomplished acoustic guitar player, will be joined by Rick Braun, a gifted trumpet/flugelhorn player and Mindi Abair, who blends her saxophone and vocal skills into each of their songs. Tickets start at $38 each.
- Love For the Holidays with Darlene Love - Tuesday Dec. 16 at 8 p.m. Rolling Stone magazine has called Darlene Love " One of the greatest singers of all time ". In addition to some of her favorite Christmas songs, Darlene will be sure to include some of the songs that have made her the star she is. Two personal favorites are " He's A Rebel " and " Da Doo Ron Ron ". Darlene has also done background vocals for The Righteous Brothers, Elvis Presley and more. The Rolling Stone article includes links to some of Darlene's better-known music for those who want to hear them. Tickets start at $43 and are sure to sell out quickly.
An Evening With the Bronx Wanderers: Merry Bronxmas - Friday, Dec. 19 at 8 p.m. The Wanderers consist of a father and his two sons, who named themselves after their neighborhood friend, Dion. They have travelled the world, as they describe it, " Living the American Rock N' Roll Dream " and their love for what they do is felt in every song they perform. Tickets start at $22 each.
- A Christmas Carol - Saturday, December 20 at 7:30 p.m. The National Touring Production of the Charles Dickens' classic is performed by a 28-member cast that blends traditional Christmas carols into the popular story. This is a family event and tickets start at $24 for adults and $19 for children.
Tickets go on sale at noon on Friday, August 15 and will continue until all shows are sold out. Tickets may be purchased on the King Center web site or at the ticket office at the venue.