From mahi mahi, to opah, to fresh-caught tuna, Kimo's has a large daily selection of fresh, locally-caught fish. There's a listing of the Daily Catch as you enter the restaurant.
The lunch menu (11 a.m. - 3:30 p.m.) features fish tacos, hand-ground burgers, fish-n-chips, seared ahi salads, coconut shrimp, and macadamia-crusted calamari. The dinner menu includes items like prime rib, filet mignon, seafood cioppino, and of course, some of the freshest fish on Maui.
Choices for fish preparation include baked "Kimo's Style", citrus herb grilled, coconut crusted, and lobster topped, to name a just a few. Ask your server for recommendations and the list of fish, along with how each fish tastes a bit different.
Kimo's is moderately priced, has a children's menu, and offers live entertainment several nights a week. For a great meal with incredible ocean and sunset views, Kimo's restaurant in Lahaina offers it all.
845 Front Street
Lahaina, HI 96761
- Call for reservations. In high-season (Jan. - April) it might be difficult to get into Kimo's without a reservation.
- Kimo's has one of the best ocean and sunset views for a restaurant on Front Street. Ask for a table as close to the water as possible.
- Parking is more abundant on Lahainaluna Road off Hwy. 30. There's paid parking on your right as you approach Front Street.
- Enjoy Lahaina's art galleries, souvenir shops, and jewelry stores before or after your meal at Kimo's.
- Lahaina has several museums and the famous Banyan Tree several blocks from Kimo's. Plan to spend some time exploring the old whaling town of Lahaina during your stay on Maui.
- Kimo's is famous for their Hula Pie dessert. Yes, as you may have heard, it's easily enough for 2-4 people and is worth the price and experience. Make sure you have your camera with you, too!
- Nearby is Hawaii Fudge Company with outstanding fudge and the island's best salt water taffy with all the Hawaii Flavors.
Kimo's Restaurant is located on the west side of Maui. Take Hwy. 30 to the historic town of Lahaina. At the intersection of Hyw. 30 and Lahainaluna Road, turn toward the ocean and Front Street. There is plenty of hourly parking lots after you go through a stop sign at Waine'e Street. Kimo's Restaurant is ocean-side to your right on Front Street, just down from Cheeseburger in Paradise.
There is free parallel parking along Front Street, but it's difficult to find an open spot. Try paid parking lots on both Lahainaluna Street and Papalaua Street. There's a large parking lot at the Outlets of Maui shopping complex off Papalaua just across from the McDonald's location.
View over 1,200 unbaised Tripadvisor reviews to learn more about Kimo's.
Yelp! reviews also give you insight into what others think of Kimo's Restaurant.
Oahu is the most populated island of the eight Hawaiian islands, with Waikiki being one of the most famous beaches in the world. Maui is a smaller island with fewer residents, and has some of the best snorkeling and diving locations in all the islands.
Want to visit another Hawaiian island while on Maui? Take a day-trip to Lanai from the harbor in Lahaina Town.