"Kim feels confident again," a source disclosed. "She worked really hard and is so motivated to stay fit."
The diet that succeeded for Kim: Atkins low-carb, high protein, high fat weight loss plan. Kim revealed her secret via Twitter in response to a fan's question.
"I've actually been doing the Atkins diet & luv it," she tweeted.
So what's a day like on Kim's diet? A typical diet day, according to Hollywood Life, includes:
- Breakfast: Two egg omelet with cheese and spinach. “Starting my day with a good breakfast sets the tone of the day.”
- Lunch: Grilled salmon with asparagus and a side salad. “I’ve loved eating fish after my pregnancy.”
- Afternoon snacks: Turkey meat with cheese and greek yogurt with berries and almonds. “Snacks keep me going when I get hungry breast-feeding.”
- Dinner: Chicken breast with broccoli and a leafy green salad.
On the list of foods to avoid: Bread, pasta and alcohol.
Kim admits that it wasn't easy to make the switch after her carb-heavy pregnancy diet.
“My entire pregnancy I only ate carbs. I craved plain bread, which was odd for me. So to cut it out completely was a challenge, but I was mentally ready for it!” she said proudly. Find out more about high fat, high protein low carb diets like the Atkins plan by clicking here.
For exercise, Kim enrolled in two different fitness programs: Barry's Bootcamp and Pilates Plus:
- The bootcamp burns an estimated 1,000 calories in 60 minutes and combines strength training and cardio.
- Pilates Plus focuses on the butt and thighs. “We work inner thighs with dumbbells to work your legs and arms, then squats. Kim works hard,” said an instructor who has worked with Kim.