Kim Kardashian is maintaining her 50-pound post-baby weight loss with the low-carb Atkins diet and rigorous workouts several days a week.
Kim's weight-loss plan was a low-carb, high-fat ketogenic-style diet known for producing rapid weight loss.
Her diet consisted of 1,800 to 2,200 calories and limited daily carb intake to less than 60 net grams. Kim said she's less strict with her diet now that she's in the maintenance phase, but she still eats fewer carbs than before.
An Atkins rep said Kardashian's diet combines proteins like fish, chicken, and lean meats; healthy fats like olive oil, avocados and nuts; lots of fresh vegetables, and some low-glycemic fruits like berries.
A typical daily menu for Kim looks like this:
- Breakfast: Two-egg omelet with cheese and spinach
- Snack: Hummus with fresh veggies (cucumber, red pepper, broccoli)
- Lunch: Grilled salmon with asparagus and a side salad with creamy dressing
- Snack: Turkey and cheese roll-ups or Greek yogurt with almonds and blueberries
- Dinner: Chicken breast with broccoli and a side salad with olive oil dressing.
Kardashian also exercises several days a week, combining rigorous cardio workouts with strength-training. She is proud of the hard work she has put in, and slammed rumors that she got weight-loss surgery.
"I am very frustrated seeing reports that I got surgery to lose my baby weight!" said Kim. "This is false. I worked so hard to train myself to eat right and healthy. I work out so hard. Say what you want about me, but I work hard and am the most disciplined person you will ever meet!"