"Killzone: Shadow Fall" is finally going to be getting a multiplayer DLC. The "Insurgent Pack" was announced on Wednesday by Sony and the downloadable content will bring a brand new character class, 3 new abilities, 3 new weapons and 2 new game modes.
The newest "Killzone" content is said to feature a new storyline as well. In this new content, Helghast government has been covertly funding an organization known as The Black Hand, its members have been infiltrating Vekta City and have even disguised themselves as refugees while serving as saboteurs near the Helghast side of the wall in Vetka. These insurgents are actually playable for the first time in this new "Shadow Fall" content.
Along with the ability to take on the role of saboteurs gamers also get access to three new abilities if they are working as the scout, support or assault classes.
- E-Pulse emitter: this features a deployable beacon that sends out an e-pulse making it difficult for enemy units to install automata in that area
- Tactical Echo emitter: another deployable beacon that sends out a Tactical Echo from a fixed location making the area hard to infiltrate by hidden enemy units
- Guard Drone: The Assault gets a stationary Buddy drone; deploy it in one place and it guards the location from a ground level.
The new Killzone weapons that can be used by these classes are:
- M82: the classic assault rifle of choice from "Killzone 2" and "Killzone 3" is back!
- L512 SMG Pistol: this amazing machine pistol makes your tactical secondary weapon of choice that much more punch
- Sta14 Rifle: The sniper rifle of many battles past adds to your long distance sniping arsenal.
"Killzone: Shadow Fall" is getting this first new downloadable content, which does indeed the ability to play through in multiplayer mode sometime in April for $9.99 if you don't already have the Season Pass.
While you are waiting for the newest Killzone abilities and weapons to land in "Killzone Shadow Fall" Sony has also announced you can already download two new maps for the game. The Cruiser map is said to be decommissioned VSA cruiser full of narrow, labyrinthine passages and interconnected compartments.
"Killzone"'s map known as The Hanger takes place in the hangar bay of the of one of the Helghast's mining towers.
Sony has upped the ante in attempting to get people excited about these new "Killzone" features by offering up the maps for free and discounting the game until March 11. You can now get "Killzone Shadow Fall" for $39.99 for the next week.