Staying in the Kihei, Maui area? Looking for some "locally-made" products to take with you as gifts or souvenirs? Head over to the Kihei Kalama Village shopping complex for a wide variety of stores, boutiques, and souvenir shops.
With a bit of a "bizarre" feel to it, the Kihei Kalama Village shopping complex is one of the best arts and crafts locations on the island of Maui. While some of the items for sale can be found in other stores, generally the prices here will be much cheaper.
There's a popular Local Boyz Shave Ice stand in the front of the complex facing South Kihei Road, and the always-popular Tutu's Pantry is also located in the shopping center. Beach Bumz with tiki products is also a well-known vendor.
Some compare it to the International Marketplace in Waikiki (now closed) on the island of Oahu, but there's really no comparison. It's a small shopping center with over 40 stalls under one roof, offering local, hand-made products, tiki souvenirs, beachwear, and t-shirts from The 808 Clothing Company.
So if you're in the staying or visiting the southwest part of Maui, stop at the Kihei Kalama Shopping complex and check-out all the Maui-made and Hawaii-made products. You might just find a bargain!
1941 South Kihei Road
Kihei, Hawaii 96753
(808) 874 - 0003
Open 10 a.m. to 7:30 p.m.
Directions. It's easy to find on South Kihei Road. Of course, look for the highly-visible replica of a Humpback Whale at the Kalama Beach Park, as it's across the street from the large beach park's parking lot. You can't miss it!
Yelp Reviews are a good way to see what others think and say about Kihei Kalama Village shopping complex.
Travel & Food - The Perfect Combination
If you're heading to Oahu, make sure you see Waikiki Beach. Maui is also an incredible island, along with Kauai and The Big Island of Hawaii. Also, Honolulu is the perfect "gateway" to SE Asia and one of the most visited cities in the world is Bangkok, Thailand.
Top 10 Maui Restaurants.
- Mama's Fish House is one of the most well-known restaurants on Maui.
- In Lahaina Town, try Lahaina Grill. It's one of the best restaurants on Maui.
- Merriman's Hawaiian Restaurant in Kapalua has won many awards for outstanding food.
- The Pineapple Grill in Kapalua is a popular, upscale restaurant popular with locals and tourists alike.
- On the west side of Maui, try Star Noodle. It's one of the most popular restaurants on the island.
- The Plantation House in Kapalua offers an excellent fine dining experience.
- Sarento's On The Beach in the Kihei area of Maui is always recognized for outstanding food and service.
- Hali' imaile General Store has pleased customers since opening in 1988 with its upcountry location.
- Japengo At The Maui Hyatt Regency Resort & Spa is a recent addition to the Top 10 Restaurants on Maui.
- Roy's in Ka'anapali has consistently been one of the top restaurants on Maui, Hawaii.
Maui's Top Attractions.
- Haleakala National Park lets you visit one of the most rare sights in the world at over 32,000 feet.
- The Road To Hana takes a full day but is one of the most famous drives in the world.
- One of the wettest and most beautiful valleys on all the Hawaiian islands is at Iao Valley.
- Visit 7 Sacred Pools (Ohe'o Gulch) past Hana on the far windward side of Maui.
- A "must-see" beach is Big Beach at Makena State Park on the southwest side of Maui, Hawaii.
- Lahaina Town & Banyan Tree on the west side of Maui is a historic whaling town with much to see.
- Stroll through gardens with over 45 varieties of lavender at the Ali'i Kula Lavender Farm.
- One of Maui's top-rated family attractions in the Maui Ocean Center.
- Maui Tropical Plantation offers rides through a tropical plantation and has a fun zipline.
- The Sugar Museum is located on Hawaii's largest working sugar factory.