End a perfectly presidential week with a patriotic snack that is as yummy as it looks. Even very young chefs can help make this with just a little help.
Use a squeeze bottle (available at most kitchen stores) for making thin strawberry jam stripes. While this activity is great for developing fine motor skills, very small hands may need assistance squeezing the bottle.
Instead of using blueberries for the blue portion of the flag, older kids might enjoy spreading the corner with blueberry jam and then topping with star shaped cereal. Check at Reasor’s Aldi or Walmart for the cereal or just use a few of the star shaped marshmallows from Lucky Charms.
Or let kids have fun designing their own flag. For this activity imagination is the main ingredient.
Squeeze bottles are available at most kitchen supply stores.
Graham Cracker Flag Snacks
- Whole graham crackers
- Whipped cream cheese, softened
- Strawberry jam
- Blueberries or blueberry jam and star-shaped cereal
- Lay crackers on a flat surface.
- Carefully spread enough cream cheese on each to completely cover.
- Using a squeeze bottle, make stripes of strawberry jelly in between the cream cheese to resemble the stripes on a flag.
- Place 2 rows of three blueberries in left upper corner of cracker OR spread a small square of blueberry jam in same corner and top with several cereal stars.