For this long holiday weekend, you may be looking for activities to keep the kids busy, while taking advantage of nice weather. Try taking your crafting outside! It is easier to clean up big messes and gets everyone out of the house. These are great for preschools, Sunday schools, and child care facilities, too. Here is a list of ideas and links to crafts that probably wouldn't be as fun or easy to do inside.
- Milk or juice carton boats. Take the kids to a pond to race their boats!
- Bubble printing. Bubbles don't have to be boring.
- Leaf rubbing. Make a nature field guide activity with the kids.
- Sun prints. Pick up some blue print paper from a reprographics company.
- Rock crafts. Heat up rocks in the sun and melt crayons on them.
- Bug catchers. Make special bug jars and go catch a few.
- Stick animals. Paint magical creatures on sticks found in nature.
- Splatter paint murals. Have the kids channel their inner Jackson Pollock, then hose them down afterwards.
Help those kids get outside for fresh air and enjoy their creative selves!