Gainesville area kids will have the chance to participate in activities that will make a difference in the community at the first annual O2BKind event on March 2nd, 2013. The event is sponsored by O2BKids, Kids 4 Kids Charities and Fun4Gator Kids.com and will take place at the O2BKids Super Center in Gainesville. The day will start off at 8AM with the annual Kids4Kids Fun Run - which raises funds for local kids charities.
Local businesses and organizations are invited to participate in a number of ways:
- Provide a free activity that kids can do at your tent/ booth area. The activity MUST be something that kids can do that will help the environment, or animals or people in need. You will need to provide enough activity kits for at least 100 children - and we recommend that your activity take 5-15 minutes to complete.
- Share family volunteering opportunities that exist with your own business or organization. How can families (but especially kids) make a difference where you work?
- Collecting donations of goods (not funds) for a local charity of your choice. Let us know what you're collecting ahead of time and we'll include the information in our marketing efforts prior to the event.
- Sponsoring or providing a fun kids activity and donating a set amount (25 cents, 1 dollar, etc.) to the charity of your choice every time a child completes the activity. Examples: climbing the rock wall and ringing the bell, completing 10 hula hoops, jumping rope, racing through the Big Toy, hopping on one leg 10 times, etc.
- Sell a product that will benefit others in some way. (Limited spots available) •Sell a product and donate proceeds to a charity of your choice.
•Sell a product that kids can donate to a charity of their choice.
•Sell a product that donates money or products to people or animals in need.
Anyone interested in participating should email Kathy Stewart at Kathy@fun4gatorkids.com