With Valentine’s Day quickly approaching, it’s time for some cute heart crafts you can do with your kids. Whether you want to make cards for friends and family or to decorate a box to collect all the cards you are going to get, this heart stamp made from a toilet paper roll is not just really cute, it is also very easy to make. This craft is perfect for your toddler.
If you don’t have a toilet paper roll, you can substitute a paper towel roll instead. Using this technique, you will get more of a round heart shape.
What you need:
- Toilet paper roll or paper towel roll
- Paint – red, pink or purple to stay with the love theme
- Paper or cardstock
- Tray – you can also use a piece of aluminum foil or a paper plate
- Take the empty roll of toilet paper and carefully push the top down a little. This will instantly give you a heart shape. Work the roll until you’re happy with the shape.
- Squeeze some point on your tray, paper plate or aluminum foil.
- Dip the shaped end of your roll into the paint and then stamp it on to a sheet of paper or cardstock.
This craft is perfect for toddlers and young children because they can get a good grip on the roll when they are stamping.
Extra Tip: Cover an entire sheet of paper with these heart stamps – maybe even overlap the hearts here and there – to create your own unique wrapping paper for small gifts.