Sometimes when the heat gets too much, and the SPF-slathering gets a little old, you need to bring the kids indoors. Bowling has always been a go-to since we were kids, but at Kings, this isn't your momma's bowling alley.
At King's Back Bay Bowling emporium, not only can the kids have fun, moms can too, thanks to a menu that not only has kid-friendly bites like franks in a blanket, mac and cheese bites, and gourmet pizzas, but there’s also pulled-pork sliders and spinach and strawberry salad for the grownups. Along with a line of signature cocktails to soothe a mind that’s landed in the gutter … gutter balls, right? No, strike that. Oh, and there are other games, too. Hello, skee ball! (Yes, our family loves skee ball, too.) It's luxe, it's fun, and did I mention alcohol? Yep.
FYI, a group of momma bloggers were invited to sample the new menu items and toss a few down the alley. Or toss a few down the hatch, so to speak. I thought I'd share some links to their blogs.
- Leah Klein @Leah's Life
- Julia Magnusson @It's Not Like a Cat
- Kim Tolander @The World According to Kim
- Keri Wilmot @Toy Queen:
- Nancy Brown @Capability Mom
Also, here are the names of the girls with the Justin Timberlake kings pin, we got the approval from their parents.
From left to right the girls are Rachel Brown, Emma Brown and Isabel Tils.
There are Kings in Boston, Dedham, Lynnfield and Burlington. Note that families can bowl up until the evening, when the 21-plus crowd steps up to the alley.
New menu includes:
- Honey Hot Habanero Baked Wings: Heat meets sweet! Chicken lollipops marinated for 24 hours and served with celery sticks and garnished scallions and a sweet honey drizzle.
- Bacon Cheddar Tots: Bite size, loaded mashed potato tots! Homemade roasted garlic mashed potatoes with shredded cheddar cheese, bacon and scallions, mixed together and tossed in panko bread crumbs and fried until golden. Served with a side of Spicy Sour Cream.
- Kale & Cranberry Salad: Sautéed shiitake mushrooms with fresh kale lettuce and a tangy pomegranate vinaigrette. Topped with cranberries, goat cheese, chia seeds and toasted walnuts. Salad is served warm with sesame crackers.
- Beet & Apple Salad: Baby Arugula with sliced apples, roasted beets, gorgonzola cheese, candied walnuts, tossed in a Cranberry Poppy Seed Vinaigrette, served with sesame crackers.
- Buffalo Grilled Chicken Mac & Cheese Pizza: Homemade, hand tossed pizza dough, topped with our delicious 4 cheese mac and cheese with grilled chicken, jack cheese and buffalo sauce, topped with a bleu cheese drizzle, garnished with fresh chopped celery.
- Mac & Cheese Burger: Grilled patty (single or double patty) topped with melted cheddar cheese, marinated grilled tomatoes, topped with a 3 oz. fried mac & cheese patty and a sun-dried tomato aioli, served on a butter toasted potato roll.
- Greek Burger: Grilled patty (single or double patty) topped with roasted red pepper hummus, feta cheese, lettuce, tomato and a homemade cucumber tzatziki sauce, served on a butter toasted potato roll.
Wraps & Sammies:
- Roasted Turkey & Avocado BLT Wrap: House roasted sliced turkey with bacon, lettuce, tomato, avocado and a jalapeno cream cheese, served in a spinach tortilla.
- House Roasted Turkey Sandwich: House roasted sliced turkey with Brie cheese, lettuce, tomato and a cranberry walnut relish, served on thick whole grain bread.
- Southwest Grilled Chicken Wrap: Lime-marinated, grilled chicken with grilled corn, black beans, diced tomatoes, lettuce, pepper jack cheese and a BBQ Chipotle Ranch sauce, served in a spinach tortilla.
- Chicken Salad Sandwich: Fresh homemade chicken salad with diced apples, celery, raisins and almonds, served over lettuce and tomato on your choice of Boston bib lettuce wraps OR thick whole grain bread.
- Grilled Shrimp Sandwich: 4 grilled shrimp with sliced avocado, shredded lettuce, tomato and a spicy avocado sauce, topped with Pico de Gallo, served open-faced on toasted ciabatta bread.
- Rosemary Grilled Chicken Breast: 12 oz. herb grilled chicken breast, drizzled with Rosemary olive oil, served with roasted garlic mashed potatoes and grilled asparagus.
- Whole Wheat Fettuccini: Whole wheat fettuccini pasta with marinated cherry tomatoes, spinach, diced asparagus, fresh basil, tossed with tomato butter sauce, topped with shaved parmesan cheese.
- Teriyaki Grilled Kabobs: Chicken Kabobs, Grilled Shrimp Kabobs or Combo Kabobs (2 Skewers) marinated a homemade Teriyaki sauce, skewered with white onions, red peppers and diced pineapple, served with a side steamed broccoli, carrots & brown rice