January 29, 2014
- Chosen a Twitter username that represents my business well?
- Uploaded my company’s logo as the profile picture?
- Added my company’s website address in the Twitter Bio?
- Included a link for one of my company’s other primary social media networks in the Twitter Bio? (Examples: Facebook Fan Page, LinkedIn, Google Plus, Pinterest, Instagram?
- Created a custom header and background?
- Searched for clients/competitors and created Private Twitter lists to track them?
- Followed accounts of other individuals, businesses, media, magazines and publications specific to my industry?
- Identified and implemented effective hashtags?
- Participated in Twitter Chats?
- Created Vine videos?
- Added my Twitter username and link to my company’s email signature?
- Providing useful and informative content?
- Sharing company news, press releases and blog posts?
- Mixing in articles and other non-promotional content to keep things fun and interesting?
- Using third-party social media dashboard apps to manage my account and track metrics? (Examples: HootSuite, Buffer)
- Using a URL shortener? (Examples: Bitly, goo.gl)
- Cross-linking my account with my website, blog and other social networks?
- Tweeting at least 5-10 times a day?
- Tweeting during peak times of the day and week?
- Composing tweets of 120 characters or less making it easy for followers and others to retweet my content?
- Keeping to a maximum of two hashtags per tweet?
- Incorporating images and video in my tweets?
- Registered on Klout to measure my Twitter account’s influence?
- Retweeting my followers, clients/customers?
- Running fun and engaging contests?
- Listening to my followers and asking them about their interests?
- Sending out “thank you” tweets to new followers and those sharing my content?