We can’t stop talking about Monday night’s Emmy Awards, especially our favorite “fixer,” Olivia Pope, or as she’s known in the real world, Kerry Washington. While she ultimately lost out in her category to Claire Danes, we’d all agree she takes away the prize in the style department.
Celebrity makeup artist, Holly Drakulic, called the look “fresh” when we spoke to her last night and shared her tips to replicate the smoldering style.
- Start with the BB cream from Mac, which is a prep and prime beauty balm that enhances your skins natural glow
- Do a mineral powder for a fresh, natural looking base
- Blush: Start with blush on the apple of your cheeks using fleur power blush by Mac and blend in to the higher plains of your cheek
- Shadow: Apply from light to dark: grain, mulch, espresso and carbon for more contrast. Start at the base of your eye and work up towards the arch of the brow, this is the foundation of your shadow. Next use middle blending color on the crease of your eye. Follow with two darker colors, use espresso from center to outside crease of your eye and use carbon on top of black trac fluid liner for additional pop.Combining matte and sheen shadows creates texture and depth. When adding shadow over liner it creates a softer romantic look.
- Lashes: The easiest step to achieving the Hollywood look is false eyelashes. First find a false lash that enhances the shape of your eye and apply. For additional WOW factor cut another lash in half and apply to the outer corner of the eyelid.
- Brows: Use a pencil that matches your brow color or one shade darker and apply with the natural shape of the brow. Brows should be soft and applied to fill in gaps and not overdone.
- Lips: Liner is always important to hold and enhance your color. Cork from Mac is a great nude liner to complement any sheer lipgloss. For those who prefer added plump use a lip plumping gloss.
**Always remember to apply with make-up brushes because they soften harsh lines and blend to create several different looks.