Writers of Kentucky want to gather. There are not many of us and yet there are various programs, meetings, and get-togethers for writers of every category in the writing industry. Open mic days are available for song writers and poets, book releases, signings, Kentucky has it all.
Here is an incomprehensive list of some of the goings-on for writers in Kentucky:
- Saturday September 25 - University of Kentucky professor Jeremy D.Popkin signing his latest book, You Are All Free: The Haitian Revolution and the Abolition of Slavery. 3:00pm. (Lexington - The Morris Book Shop)
- Saturday September 25 - Mary Jean Wall signing How Kentucky Became Southern: A Tale of Outlaws, Horse Thieves, Gamblers & Breeders. 2:00pm. (Lexington - Joseph-Beth Booksellers)
- Monday September 27 - Best-selling author Beverly Lewis at 6:00pm. Free tickets are available at the main library and the Bob Kirby Branch. (Bowling Green -- The Warren County Public Library)
- Monday September 27 - Gustafer Yellowgold's Show, a nationally recognized musical/visual performance for young people. 6:30pm. (Lexington - The Morris Book Shop)
- Monday September 27 - Poets Rhett Trull & Brian Scichlione are featured in the Sarabande Reading Series at 21C Museum/Hotel. 7:30pm. (Louisville)
- Tuesday September 28 - Philip von Borries signs The Louisville Baseball Almanac.7:00pm. (Lexington - Joseph-Beth Booksellers)
- Thursday September 30 - T. Crunk, signing New Covenant Bound, 2:00 pm, Matheson Library, Western Kentucky Community and Technical College (Paducah)
- Thursday September 30 - Susannah Charleson and her Golden Retriever rescue dog for the book Scent of the Missing: Love and Partnership with a Search and Rescue Dog. 7:00pm. (Louisville - Carmichael's Bookstore)
Hang out with fellow writers, expand your writer’s platform as well as your writing knowledge and have some fun! Be sure to check back for a list of next week’s goings-on in Kentucky.
For more info: Visit www.windpub.com.