Writers of Kentucky want to gather. There are not many of us and yet there are various programs, meetings, and get-togethers for writers of every category in the writing industry. Open mic days are available for song writers and poets, book releases, signings, Kentucky has it all.
Here is an incomprehensive list of some of the goings-on for writers in Kentucky:
- Tuesday October 19 - Thomas Freese will tell ghost stories and sign copies of his five ghost story books. 7:00pm. (Lexington - Eagle Creek Library)
- Tuesday October 19 - Open Mic for local writers of comedy, song, poetry and prose. Free.7:00 ‘til 9:30 p.m. (Owensboro - Woodward’s at the RiverPark Center on Daviess Street just off Second)
- Wednesday October 20 - Emily Dickinson scholar Aife Murray for a discussion of her unique look at the poet's work and influences. 7:00pm (Louisville - Carmichaels Bookstore)
- Thursday October 21 - Poet Evie Shockley reads as part of the Murray State University Reading Series. Plan to stick around for author discussion and a book signing. Following the reading, all are invited to the university Faculty Club for a reception and refreshments. The reading begins at 7:30pm at the Clara M. Eagle Art Gallery. (Murray)
- Thursday October 21 - John Carter Cash will speak as part of Warren County Library's "My Life is an Open Book" series. Songwriter, record producer, and son of June Carter Cash and Johnny Cash, he has written his mother's biography; Anchored in Love, and a children's book, Momma Loves her Little Son. 6:00pm in the Activity Room of the Christ Episcopal Church next door to the main library. (Bowling Green)
- Thursday October 21 - Thomas Freese will tell ghostly tales from Ghosts, Spirits and Angles: True Tales from Kentucky and Beyond. 7:00pm. (Paducah -- McCracken Co. Public Library)
- Friday October 22 - Poetry reading and book signing with Sheri Wright, E. Gail Chandler, and Barb McMakin at 7:00 P.M. (LaGrange - Karen's Book Barn)
- Friday Oct 22 -- Ron Pen signing I Wonder as I Wander: The Life of John Jacob Niles, 7:00 pm (Lexington -Joseph-Beth Booksellers)
Hang out with fellow writers, expand your writer’s platform as well as your writing knowledge and have some fun! Be sure to check back for a list of next week’s goings-on in Kentucky.
For more info: Visit www.windpub.com.