“Dancing with the Stars” premiered on Monday and a new competition show called “Splash” debuts on Tuesday. Kendra Wilkinson, who has competed on both, claims that “Splash” is more challenging and difficult. On March 19, she spoke to Cameron Mathison from “GMA” and explained that the two competitions are insane, but that “Splash” takes fear to a whole new level.
“On ‘Dancing with the Stars,’ there’s a window of hope, but with diving, it’s like you do it or you don’t,” Kendra stated. “It’s do or die.” She went on to explain that “Splash” and “Dancing with the Stars” are both rigorous, but completely different.
Kendra Wilkinson, former Playboy Playmate and star of “The Girls Next Door,” competed on “DWTS” in 2011 with partner Louis van Amstel. The two survived seven weeks of ballroom competition, but their relationship was somewhat rocky at times. In her book, “Being Kendra,” the star wrote, “We clashed constantly.” She claimed that Louis took his role of teacher too seriously and went too far.
Now, she set to make her debut on “Splash” when it premieres on Tuesday night on ABC. The new reality competition combines a fear of heights with revealing bathing suits, celebrities and a nationwide audience. ABC executives are hoping that the series makes waves with viewers. Actors, singers and athletes get a lot more than just their feet wet when they learn if they can conquer their fears and compete in regular platform and springboard diving at dizzying heights. Below are the ten competitors hoping to reach new heights on “Splash.”
- Kareem Abdul-Jabbar: 7’2” NBA Hall of Fame center and all-time leading scorer.
- Louie Anderson: Emmy Award-winning comedian and author.
- Drake Bell: Star of the hit Nickelodeon series “Drake & Josh.”
- Chuy Bravo: Chelsea Handler’s sidekick and author.
- Rory Bushfield: Extreme skier from Canada.
- Nicole Eggert: Actress and mother of two.
- Keshia Knight Pullman: Rudy from “The Cosby Show.”
- Ndamukong Suh: Football player from the Detroit Lions and Pro Bowl starter.
- Katherine Webb: Miss Alabama and A.J. McCarron’s girlfriend.
- Kendra Wilkinson: Television personality and author.
Each week, the celebrities will leap off a 10-meter high dive and pair off for synchronized stunts and flips. Leading up to the competition, the world's most decorated diving legend, Greg Louganis, will guide each celebrity with weeks of training. Judges David Boudia and Steve Foley will critique each dive.
“Splash” premieres at 8 p.m. EST on Tuesday, March 19 on ABC. A special edition of “Dancing with the Stars” called “Exclusive First Look” will follow at 9 p.m. It features backstage footage, interviews and highlights from the season opener.
Do you want to stay in the know? Then sign up to get my articles personally delivered to your in-box. Just click on subscribe, and you’ll stay up-to-the-minute with your favorite TV shows and stars.