If you associate the word "diet" with the adjective "deprivation," then you're going to welcome the advice of Hollywood celebrity trainer Jeanette Jenkins. With clients like Kelly Rowland, Pink and Alicia Keys, Jeanette knows what really works to whittle your waistline and melt your muffin top. And it's a plan that includes treats, reports Fit Sugar.
Jeanette calls it the 80/20 rule. For 80 percent of the time, eat clean, healthy foods. And use the remaining 20 percent for those social events like a cocktail party or birthday. The result: You win at weight loss while enjoying your favorite foods.
So what does it mean to eat clean? In a blog for the Huffington Post, Jeanette emphasizes the importance of eating unprocessed, natural foods such as fresh fruits, vegetables, lean meats and whole grains.
"The fiber and most of the nutrients are removed from most processed foods like snack bars, crackers, bagels, chips, bread, muffins and cereal, so when you eat these foods your body recognizes them as sugar, spiking your insulin and causing you to crave more food," she explained.
And those whole foods also provide you with more nutrients the natural way.
"Organic whole foods that have not been processed are loaded with fiber and nutrients that help you feel full and satisfied and provide the building blocks to all of your living cells. 80 percent of your diet should consist of whole foods loaded with nutrients," she added.
Optimize the calories that you burn in your workout by following this rule: Avoid any sugars or carbohydrates for two hours after you exercise, says Jeanette. And about that exercise: You can work out with Jeanette right in your own home with her calorie-blasting, super-sculpting DVDs: