On April 29, 2014, this announcement was made on the official Rolling Stones website:
NME provided the world exclusive premiere of the “Words of Wonder / Get Up Stand Up” music video featuring Keith Richards, Keb’ Mo’, Mermans Mosengo (PFC Band), Sherieta Lewis from Kingston, Jamaica and Natalie of Blue King Brown (Australia). Watch it here.
Fans around the world can experience the global movement when Playing For Change releases their third CD / DVD set, Playing For Change 3 “Songs Around The World,” on June 17th, 2014. The CD/DVD will be available both digitally and physically at all major retailers and via Starbucks in North America, and includes performances from Andres Calamaro, Keith Richards, Keb Mo, Los Lobos, Preservation Hall Jazz Band, Sara Bareilles, Taj Mahal, Toots Hibbert from Toots & The Maytals, in addition to a song produced by Jackson Browne.
You can pre-order the record now via PlayingForChange.com and receive a free download of “Words of Wonder / Get Up Stand Up” and “Clandestino” featuring Manu Chao.
Since the organization formed in 2005, Playing For Change has formed the PFC Band who has toured throughout 4 continents for over 150 performances as well as the PFC Foundation and their annual global day of music and action: Playing For Change Day. Through these various initiatives, the foundation has served over 700 children in nine music schools and programs in countries including South Africa, Ghana, Mali, Rwanda, Nepal and Thailand.
For more information on Playing For Change, visit http://www.playingforchange.com/
Playing For Change 3 “Songs Around The World” Track listing
1. La Bamba (feat. Los Lobos and Andres Calamaro)
2. Words Of Wonder (feat. Keith Richards, Titi Tsira (PFC Band), Roberto Luti (PFC Band), and Aztec Indians)
3. Get Up Stand Up (feat. Keith Richards, Keb’ Mo’, Mermans Mosengo (PFC Band), Sherieta Lewis from Kingston, Jamaica and Natalie of Blue King Brown (Australia))
4. Reggae Got Soul: (feat. Toots Hibbert (Toots and the Maytals), Taj Mahal and Ernest Ranglin)
5. Down By The Riverside: (feat. New Orleans street performing Legend Grandpa Elliott (PFC Band / Stand By Me Video), Keb’ Mo’, and the Preservation Hall Jazz Band)
6. A Better Place – (feat. the PFC Band and Glen David Andrews)
7. What’s Going On – (feat. Sara Bareilles, Clarence Bekker (PFC Band) and Titi Tsira (PFC Band))
8. Guantanamera – (feat. Carlos Varella and Manuel Galban)
Richards has been involved in numerous charitable causes over the years. Some examples include his participation as a solo artist in numerous charity concerts such as Live Aid and Artists United Against Apartheid, which both took place in 1985. In 2008, Richards posed for a Louis Vuitton ad and reportedly donated his fee to the Climate Project, an environmental charity. In 2011, he raised money for victims of the tragic earthquake/tsunami in Japan by designing a T-shirt that was auctioned for charity. Richards has also done many other charitable actions that have not necessarily been publicized.