You will need to keep your strength up, especially if you have to play a little tug-o-war over a must have item with another shopper. Make sure while your credit cards are getting charged, your energy stays charged too. Here are some energizing tips to keep you going from store to store.
1. Start the day with a healthy breakfast. Oatmeal is packed with nutrition and will keep you full for a good while.
2. Take a good quality multivitamin at breakfast. To help prevent an afternoon energy lull.
3. If you stop to eat, avoid too many carbohydrates and be sure to have some protein with your meal. Also, avoid sugary snacks-they will just cause you to crash later on.
4. Always have water with you. Dehydration is a very common cause of fatigue and headaches.
5. If you’ve been inside the mall all day, pop outside for some fresh air. It will recharge you.
6. Keep energy high by having a protein snack every three hours. Bring along a bag of nuts or protein bars.
7. Massage the fleshy part between your thumb and pointer finger. This helps dispel a headache or clear foggy thinking.
8. Correct your posture. Pull your shoulders back. Keep your back straight and pull your stomach in
9. Take a break. Sit down every hour or so and give your feet a rest.
10. Do the 7th inning stretch. Stretch your arms above your head, from side to side and touch your toes. Then get back out there and play ball!
If you're hitting the stores a little later, then try to get as much rest as you can the night before.
Keep your immune system boosted on the big shopping day, with healthy immune boosting foods.