Whether you get your hair colored in a salon or do it at home, it doesn't take very long to see some very harsh results. If you add in traveling on dry airplanes, a range of climates and the scratchy, hair-eating linens at some hotels, you could find yourself with a whole calendar's worth of bad hair days.
There are a lot of products on the market that I've had to use to mask the effects and self-induced damage, mostly at the same time: heavy serums, lotions, pomades, creams. Even if you get teeny trial sizes of those products, you'll fill up a one quart ziplock really fast. No room for toothpaste!
It's not just the number of products, it's also the weighing down. When I've applied the full arsenal, my hair looks greasy or flat in a bad 1990's way.
That's why I was pretty thrilled to be hosted to experience Pureology Colour Fanatic. I've had a couple of hairdressers whisper the brand name to me over the years as being "perfect for color-treated hair".
Here's what they say about it:
- Fennel Seed Extract, a natural plant extract and powerful antioxidant, offering environmental protection for hair
- Keravis™, a vegetable-based protein known for its strengthening properties
- Xylose, derived from sugar, protects hair from heat-styling damage
- Camelina, Coconut, and Olive Oil, a blend of natural oils that offer light weight conditioning, smoothing and anti-frizz results
- COMPLETELY FREE OF Salt, Parabens, Colorants, Drying Alcohols, Mineral Oil, DEA (Diethanolamine)
COLOUR FANATIC 21 ESSENTIAL BENEFITS
- Hair Color Protection
- Leave In Conditioner
- Hair Detangler Spray
- Blow Dry Spray for Quick Drying
- Moisturizer for Dry Hair
- Low Porosity Hair Care
- Weightless Conditioner
- Hair Cutting Lotion
- Split End Treatment & Prevention
- Hair Breakage Treatment from Daily Brushing & Combing
- Hair Fiber Product
- Repair and Protect Heat Damaged Hair
- Shields Hair Against Enviromental Damage
- Hair Smoothing Treatment
- Silky Hair Treatment
- Seals Hair Cuticle
- Hair Moisturizer Spray for Reduced Dryness
- Anti Frizz Hair Spray
- Reduces Hair Static
- Hair Refresher Spray for Restyling
- Hair Shine Treatment
Here's what I say about it:
For the first time in decades, my hair has the texture of when I was a kid: not fried, not overly slicked down. Also, it's more responsive with styling tools -- I don't have to make several passes with the blowdryer, thus frying my hair more. It's got a nice shine. The scent of the product is floral/high end perfume. It's a single product that will replace about 3 or more that you're already using.
I wasn't able to determine if it does come in TSA approved sizes, but it's worth to the dollar store and picking up one of those empty spray bottles to take it on your journeys.
The product is 100% vegan.
If you like reading my travel adventures, please click on the "subscribe" button above. You'll get future articles in your inbox for FREE! Also, if you like foodie stories, I have over 1,800 HERE, so poke around and "find something tasty"™