A new video is released each week. The series is called HEMP Mentorship Minute.
In the videos, Kansas City-area entrepreneurs offer their advice on topics ranging from:
- what makes a good mentor
- how to take a big idea to the execution phase
- how do you decide what to track and measure
HEMP was founded in 1995 by Barnett Helzberg, Jr., former owner and President of Helzberg Diamonds. Inspired by his twenty-three year mentoring relationship with Ewing Kauffman, HEMP matches seasoned, successful entrepreneur mentors with less-experienced entrepreneur mentees. Considerable mentoring is also fostered through peer-to-peer relationships derived from involvement through HEMP.
Components of the program include:
- a one-on-one mentoring relationship
- networking opportunities with peers and veteran business owners
- exposure to mentoring skills that can be applied to any professional or personal situation
- business educations discussing greatest successes and lessons learned from peers and top CEOs in the community
- field trips to locations of entrepreneurial interest within the Kansas City area