Kathy Griffin canceled: Talk show will not get a third season on Bravo

Bravo confirmed on Saturday, April 6, 2013, that Kathy Griffin's show has been canceled. Entertainment Weekly reported that the show simply known as "Kathy" will not be coming back for a third season on the air as the talk show has been canceled.

During a stand-up engagement in Cincinnati on Friday, Griffin simply came right out and told the crowd that her show had been canceled by Bravo. The company apparently told her the news on Thursday.

"Kathy" had its second season debut just in Jan. of 2013, and it ended up getting bad news almost immediately. It was bumped from its primetime slot of 10:00 p.m. in Feb. That didn't spell good news to begin with.

This isn't the first time that she has been Kathy Griffin has been canceled by Bravo either.

"Kathy Griffin: My Life on the D-List" debuted on the cable network back in 2005, and it lasted for six seasons before getting the boot. She always had a habit of using her stand-up and comedy to pick on other Bravo shows, and it worked well for her.

Back in March, it was reported that Griffin had shot a test pilot for CNN with friend Anderson Cooper.

For e-mail updates whenever a new article is posted, please subscribe at the top of the page and follow me on Twitter: @CapnDanny,GoogleBuzz, or join my group on Facebook and Celebrity Buzz.

Advertisement

, New Orleans TV Examiner

When it comes to TV, Danny isn't really picky about what graces his screen. Crime TV, the History Channel, sports, Ghost Hunters, House, reality television, the Food Network, Comedy Central, or the Cartoon Network...it really doesn't matter to him because he's going to sit back and enjoy it....

Today's top buzz...