According to recent investigations conducted by the Kansas Paranormal Research Society (KsPRS), numerous places that have proven highly active in past years remain extremely active this year. However, this year several places on the list offer more excitement and evidence than those listed in previous years.
“We investigated so many amazing places this year that we had to lengthen our list from five most haunted locations to the top ten most haunted locations, and even in doing that, it was difficult to narrow it down to just ten,” says Brenda Mason, founder of KsPRS.
The top ten for this year, with the number one being the most active, are:
1. Old Abilene Town, Abilene, Kansas
2. Topeka Country Club, Topeka, Kansas
3. Columbian Theatre, Wamego, Kansas
4. Oz Museum, Wamego, Kansas
5. Great Plains Theatre, Abilene, Kansas
6. Wicked Stitch, Wamego, Kansas
7. Historical Civil War Battlefield (name withheld due to client confidentiality) in Eastern Kansas
8. Totally You Hair Salon, Wamego, Kansas
9. WREN Radio Studio, Topeka, Kansas
10. Body Works, Wamego, Kansas
In order to be considered for the list a location must meet certain criteria indicating the activity happening at the location is paranormal. According to the founder of KsPRS, a location is deemed haunted when there is physical evidence such as EVP’s, photos, and/or video footage and other evidence that supports not only reported activity but also historical facts for the location. The team also uses two psychic consultants and several other methods to determine whether a location is haunted. The psychics enter the location with no prior knowledge of history or reports of activity, do their walk-through at separate times, and then report their findings. After the investigation is completed, the reports from the psychics are then compared to one another and the history and evidence that are collected for that location.