On February 6, KC Business magazine will celebrate its 27 2014 Rising Stars, those outstanding individuals in metro area companies under the age of 40 who exemplify hard work, dedication to corporate success, and personal growth.
The event will will take place at the Vox Theater beginning at 5:30 p.m.
The 27 Rising Stars, as announced in the January/February issue of the magazine, include:
- Michelle Marriott - Lawyer - Erise IP
- Jeff Chambers - Chief Strategy Oficer - Alterra Bank
- Michael Walker - Branch Manager - Cornerstone Home Lending
- Erica Brune - President - Lever1
- KaMara White - Quality Improvement Manager - Children's Mercy Hospital and Clinics
This year's awards competition judges are:
- Rachel Sexton - Vice President at VPR Patient Outreach Program
- Shomari Benton - KCM Port Authority, Patner at Benton Lloyd & Chung
- Scott Cahill - President of DSC Consulting & Corporate Communications and Public Affairs at Pioneer Services
The historic Vox Theatre, originally named the Rosedale Theatre, first opened for business in 1922 as silent movie house. Later gave way to the "talkie" in the 1940’s and the Vox Theatre was born.
Today, many of the space’s original architectural features have been preserved, including the full antique, pressed tin ceiling, portions of the balcony and projection room and authentic stage valence complete with theatre lighting and velvet curtains.
The Vox Theatre is over 5,500 square feet with a 20 foot high ceiling. This space is completely open, offering uninterrupted sight-lines, and allowing creative flexibility in how you arrange your event. The Vox can host gatherings up to 300 people, making it perfect for larger events, and yet a comfortable and intimate setting can be arranged for smaller gatherings with fewer than 100 guests.