Webster's Dictionary...entrepreneurial adj. one who organizes, manages and assumes the risks of a business or enterprise...disrupter noun to interrupt the normal course flow or unity
Kansas City and its entrepreneurial community has been burgeoning day by day. Growing steadily and exponentially, in our new 21st Century...where now, even professional trade comparative studies of KC abounds, in reference to it being called, the"Silicone Valley of the Prairie." Examiner.com has been following a few of the notable business entrepreneurs, on their sojourns, over the past few months and years. Our 1st entrepreneur is only 8 years old, Marissa is the adopted Chinese daughter of Terri & Dennis Hitt, And her skills have been noticed by many, including the local CBS News affiliated, television station, KCTV-5. Brad Stephens (weekday anchor), did a mini-expose on Marissa Hitt, as one of the Faces of Kansas City.
Examiner.com interviewed Marissa & her parents last year as she was preparing to go to Hollywood as Miss Shawnee, by auctioning items that she, (assisted by her parents, friends, family) had gone to over 40 plus businesses, where Marissa asked each owner/decision maker to donate to her cause, so she could compete in the nationals held in Hollywood. An auction was held at the David Jones Gallery-Crossroads KC, in September, and they garnered enough items and contributions for the family of 5 to go. Marissa didn't win at the national level, but, here is a list of her accomplishments in lieu of the national Queen title.
- Marissa Hitt 1st pageant in July 2012, National American Miss State Pageant
- National American Miss is a unique pageant with strict rules of "no makeup" for girls 12 and under, no swimsuits and its about you as a person...it also targets future leadership skills, teamwork, interviewing and presentation skills
- Marissa Hitt won at State, the Pageantry Magazine Spirit Award
- 1st Place in dance choreography at State
- 1st Place in casual modeling, she designed her own clothes
- 2nd Runner-up Kansas State Queen Title, 70 girls in competition-7 to 10 years old
- Marissa has illustrated and written over 100 books
- Marissa has modeled for KCFW, children's clothes for Chocolate Soup
- Marissa also has her own website, to sell fundraising products for local & international charities:http://www.paintingsbymarissa.com/
- Marissa Hitt's recent KCFW (Kansas City Fashion Week) 2013
When Marissa was asked about her "takeaways or teachable moments" she learned from working so hard, to accomplish these goals, she stated," Getting to Nationals was very hard, I'm still finishing "thank you" notes for all the people who supported me with donations. But I'm already planning to go to the state pageant, again.."
If you have any comments, concerns, questions or answers, don't hesitate to contact Reggie Banks, Sr. at firstname.lastname@example.org. And if you would like to continue to receive "free" Business Event newsletters just click the 'subscribe' button above. As always 'thank you " for your patronage. Copyright (C) BCP(tm) 1994-2013 All Rights Reserved to Reggie Banks, Sr. and Blackberry Castle Productions/Photography, Inc.