The Third Friday Art Walk will be held at the Englewood Stations Art District on Friday from 6 to 9 p.m. Businesses and galleries in the district will be open late and featuring art, crafts, music, and drink. Nancy Mathis is the featured artist at the Green Dog Art Gallery at 10922 Winner Road.
The Kansas City Royals host FanFest presented by Sprint and Teva on Jan. 19 at the Overland Park Convention Center. The FanFest will include autograph sessions and interactive games. Tickets are available with $12 for adults and $6 for youths 6 to 17 if purchased in advance. The festival runs from 9 to 11 a.m. for season ticket holders and from 11 a.m. to 6 p.m. for all fans.
Live theatre Jan. 18 to Jan. 20:
- American Heartland Theatre: Crown Center, “The Hound of the Baskervilles”, closes Feb. 24.
- Barn Players: 6219 Martway, Mission, “All Shook Up” a Barn Junior Production, closes Jan. 20.
- H & R Block City Stage Theater: Union Station, “Mid-Life! The Crisis Musical”, closes Jan. 19.
- Metropolitan Ensemble Theatre: 3614 Main, “Housebreaking”, closes Jan. 27.
- Off Center Theatre: Crown Center, “Menopause the Musical”, closes Feb. 17.
- Spencer Theatre: 4949 Cherry, the Kansas City Repertory Theatre production of “Death of a Salesman”, closes Feb. 10.
Music Friday Jan. 18:
- Aftershock Bar & Grill: 5240 Merriam Dr., Merriam, Chance the Arm, Solus, Waiting on Forever, Unwritten Rulz, Mad Libby, Sober Overdose.
- Czar: 1531 Grand, Please Please Me, Grayshot.
- Kelly’s Westport Inn: 500 Westport Rd., Wonderfuzz.
- RecordBar: 1020 Westport Rd., Kamera at 7 p.m., Doo Dads at 6 p.m., Dolls on Fire, Nutatch 47, Rebot Monkey Madman.
- Riot Room: 4048 Broadway, Thunder Eagle, Aren’t We All Dead, Light Within, Awaken the Giant.
- Uptown Arts Bar: 3611 Broadway, Dead Man’s Hand.
Music Saturday Jan. 19:
- Aftershock Bar and Grill: 5240 Merriam Dr., Merriam, Metal Wars.
- Czar: 1531 Grand, Blackbird Revue, Chris Pickering.
- Davey’s Uptown Ramblers Club: 3402 Main, B’Dinas, Goodtime Charlie, Appropriate Grammar.
- Kelly’s Westport Inn: 500 Westport Rd., Old No. 5s.
- RecordBar: 1020 Westport, Sucka Free Producers Showcase.
- Riot Room: 4048 Broadway, Ladyfinger, Maps for Travelers, Everyday/Everynight, Back When.
- Uptown Arts Bar: 3611 Broadway, The Human Be-In with the Vibe Tribe KC.